Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studying The Secret: Questions In Here
Ok, So, someone was so very generous to give me the book The Secret as a gift. WoW, Thanks M.

A long time friend has been practicing The Secret pretty seriously for about a month or so. She is pretty fanatical about her practice of this and I am pretty happy for her as it seems to have given her a "better" direction in life. She has ordered the DVD for me and went total ApeShit when I told her that a friend had sent the book and it just arrived on my doorstep yesterday.

I started reading it this afternoon and really do want to understand it all very clearly so hope if anyone can answer the first question I have... would be greatly appreciated Bow

Quoting from page 15: "Quantum physicists tell us that the entire Universe emerged from thought!".

Is that true? Have quantum physicists discovered that the Universe was created from thought, or emerged, or???

And exactly what does that mean? I tried reading thru the Basics of Quantum Theory in wiki but um, it really didnt go into the emergence of the Universe...

Its a theory, its not fact.
I believe I posted this in another thread somewhere, but einstein said something about the whole universe being a fabric, and each thorught we create changes a weave.
I believe thats in the DVD.

CardShark Wrote:Its a theory, its not fact.
I believe I posted this in another thread somewhere, but einstein said something about the whole universe being a fabric, and each thorught we create changes a weave.
I believe thats in the DVD.

Ok, I can kinda understand that about the Universe being a fabric and each thought we create a change in the weave but that doesnt say that the "entire Universe emerged from thought!" which seems to say that thought created the Universe or am I misinterpreting the word emerged???

fjp999 Wrote:Ok, I can kinda understand that about the Universe being a fabric and each thought we create a change in the weave but that doesnt say that the "entire Universe emerged from thought!" which seems to say that thought created the Universe or am I misinterpreting the word emerged???

This conversation is going outside my range of thought Roflmao.

Honestly, I think no one understands the universe enough to suggest it was all created out of our thoughts, I see it as we write our path in the universe which was already created, our thoughts are just changing a weave which was already their.

CardShark Wrote:This conversation is going outside my range of thought Roflmao.

Why do you think I am asking the question... man, if ya want a head trip try to follow the main wiki article on Quantum Theory.

I certainly appreciate your attempt Card. Maybe someone can explain if it is true that quantum physicists actually agree on this concept.

But again, thanks for trying and giving your opinion on how the universe works Remybussi

Worst.Book.Ever.

The author/producter or whatever comes from my country unfortunately. I worked at the bookshop where they launched the book and dvd. I should have stabbed them all in the neck and saved the world a lot of misinformation and stupid theories.

Firstly before you dismiss a book so flagrantly it would be good to know that you had read or studied it or tried to apply it to your'e life. On to youre Question frank its sort of like saying what came first the chicken or the egg, the universe or thaught. I dont think there can be a concrete answer. My understanding of the book is that our thaughts create our reality. Ever thaught Id like to hear from so and so to ring and you suddenly hear from them. Or like when I hadnt heard from you in ages and I spent a few days foccusing on getting a PM from you and 2 days later one suddenly arrives. The main force of idea in the book is how we create our own realities and how the universe is effected by our thaughts and vibrations(feelings). If I was you I would suspend all questions and theorizations until you have finished the book. Many of my friends have got bogged down in this or that statement by a particular sub author in the book and never finished it. Once youve read the secret through you will discover that what the "secret" has to say as a whole is very simple which is why its reached a mass market. Having said that there are momments in the book which do get you thinking and its my advice you contact the particular author who made the statement by e mail (most of them are in the book). Ultimately what I am trying to say is dont let one theory bog you down and stop you moving on with the book it will all come togrther for you before the end (I hope). One website I found usefull with my study is www.themastersofthesecret.com . If you still have questions at the end try them. Sorry If I cant be more usefull but all the best with your'e quest.

ps sorry if i havent answered youre Question directly but I am also still a novice in this area.

I had a quick read through it because I wanted to know what the secret was. I felt left out. Then I realised the secret was "Imagine something long enough and it will become reality". I was not impressed.

sparky71 Wrote:On to youre Question frank its sort of like saying what came first the chicken or the egg, the universe or thaught. I dont think there can be a concrete answer. My understanding of the book is that our thaughts create our reality. Ever thaught Id like to hear from so and so to ring and you suddenly hear from them. Or like when I hadnt heard from you in ages and I spent a few days foccusing on getting a PM from you and 2 days later one suddenly arrives. The main force of idea in the book is how we create our own realities and how the universe is effected by our thaughts and vibrations(feelings). [URL="http://www.masters of the secret.com"[/URL]. If you still have questions at the end try them. Sorry If I cant be more usefull but all the best with your'e quest.

Yeah, I aint getting bogged down but just want to understand the concepts as described and will continue reading and maybe keep posting questions here...

Guess dont have any quantum physicists on the forum... so will take your advice sparky and continue on and maybe make contact with that site...

Kinda guess I been doing all this forever, or as long as I had consciousness... so will be interesting to see if I can pick up any hints...

thanks all