Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Studying The Secret: Questions In Here
Studying the secret hey? Want to no more hey? Winknudge

Frank i would post this question at the site i ve given you a few months back also at the science forum. If you do let us know of the replies you ll get.

spotysocks Wrote:Studying the secret hey? Want to no more hey? Winknudge

Frank i would post this question at the site i ve given you a few months back also at the science forum. If you do let us know of the replies you ll get.

Thanks spoty (love the new socks ya got (on your avatar)),

havent been on that site in some time, just too enormous for me but it is a thought... is there a Secret section there? I have no idea where to even post there... or were you saying there is a science forum on that site???

I kinda wanted to post questions here to see what the average homo joe/josephine had to say Biggrinflip

such as what I read last nite... to generalize... it says that ALL those on a ship sinking were all bringing on the thought of a ship sinking and so got what they were thinking.

Found some other interesting stuff but gotta go to therapy now...

fjp999 Wrote:Thanks spoty (love the new socks ya got (on your avatar))

Thanks Franky, dont you just love a laughing cat?! Biggthumpup

Quote:havent been on that site in some time, just too enormous for me but it is a thought... is there a Secret section there? I have no idea where to even post there... or were you saying there is a science forum on that site???
Anywhere you post it will be fine . the entire site is the official online community of the Secret, havent you noticed? :-o
The science forum is another site if you google it will come up first on the list. they have a section on physics and most of them are studying just that or already have done so. they should know.

Quote:I kinda wanted to post questions here to see what the average homo joe/josephine had to say Biggrinflip
See where the problem lays ... we are not average here! Laugh

Quote:such as what I read last nite... to generalize... it says that ALL those on a ship sinking were all bringing on the thought of a ship sinking and so got what they were thinking.

Found some other interesting stuff but gotta go to therapy now...
Yeah it makes sense to me in many ways.
However what i wanted to ask them in PI and havent yet because i dont know the right way to put it is how clairvoyance , predictions (ie. when someone says something is going to happen in x amount of time whether is hours or years), astrology (which is something that many members there practice and believe) that sort of thing agrees with the theory of the Secret. Pengy

fjp999 Wrote:it says that ALL those on a ship sinking were all bringing on the thought of a ship sinking and so got what they were thinking.

spotysocks Wrote:Yeah it makes sense to me in many ways.
However what i wanted to ask them in PI and havent yet because i dont know the right way to put it is how clairvoyance , predictions (ie. when someone says something is going to happen in x amount of time whether is hours or years), astrology (which is something that many members there practice and believe) that sort of thing agrees with the theory of the Secret. Pengy

Um, thanks for all the above info and would you mind explaining how it makes sense to you about the ship sinking thingie... and have you found a good way to ask your question? as I find it a very good question...

OK, here is another one that even my friend found somewhat bizarro... The author of the Secret says that It is NOT food that makes you fat but the thought of food making you fat that makes you fat! She claims that she can eat all the food she wants, never exercise, and just with her thought have the perfect petite size.

Ok. KooKoo or NOT?

fjp999 Wrote:Um, thanks for all the above info and would you mind explaining how it makes sense to you about the ship sinking thingie... and have you found a good way to ask your question? as I find it a very good question...

OK, here is another one that even my friend found somewhat bizarro... The author of the Secret says that It is NOT food that makes you fat but the thought of food making you fat that makes you fat! She claims that she can eat all the food she wants, never exercise, and just with her thought have the perfect petite size.

Ok. KooKoo or NOT?

haha I eat like a pig and I WANT to be bigger, but I obviously have a high matabilism.
Been a little under 8 stone for like 3-4 years.

I think shes being idiotic if, I am rather sceptical about the whole secret thing I think most of it is just telling your subconsious where you want to be... auto pilot shall we say.

fjp999 Wrote:Um, thanks for all the above info and would you mind explaining how it makes sense to you about the ship sinking thingie...

Our body is energy. I wont say about the brain because its powers and properties still remain partially undiscovered. We are a receptor and transmitter of energy , some of us more evidently some less.
First I shall say that imo there is a certain amount of exaggeration on the graphic examples they give. But let me try to explain, hopefully it will make sense!
When something annoys us we can choose either to laugh about it or get upset. People will respond to you differently.
If you (consciously or unconsciously ) chose to have a positive reaction you ll be more relaxed and thus seem more approachable and more likely to get a smile from soneone right? even the problem will not seem as big. If you choose to get upset angry the problem is magnified and people will pick up on your bad mood and will respond to you in a less positive way. This is an example of how we can condition ourselves to be happy or sad , grumpy or cheerful and so on... People are part of the universe and react to you in different ways upon the signals you give them , imagine the universe it self what can do. Bottom line positive thinking attracts positive outcome and negative thinking attracts negative outcome.
There is an experiment called the Intention Experiment aimed to put in test a simillar idea: how many people can effect a situation when collectively focus their thoughts at the same time for about 10mins to achieve one certain goal. i.e. every week there is an individual who voluntarily becomes the receptor of collective thought or energy from other participants who send/transmit through meditation healing thoughts. If you want Google their site you to find out more.

Personally i can say 100% that i have attracted in my life everything i can complain about and i am 100% responsible for everything that effects me positively or negatively. That is step 1 accomplished. What i dont find always easy is to rule my reaction, mood and energy independently of any circumstances. Thats is what i am trying to master with meditation.

Quote:and have you found a good way to ask your question? as I find it a very good question...
Not yet.

Quote: OK, here is another one that even my friend found somewhat bizarro... The author of the Secret says that It is NOT food that makes you fat but the thought of food making you fat that makes you fat! She claims that she can eat all the food she wants, never exercise, and just with her thought have the perfect petite size.

Ok. KooKoo or NOT?
That was a harsh example , metabolism has a part to play in that too. hehe Laws of attractions is not the only universal law , i dont think. At least in the physical manifestation we are now. A rough example to that would be lets say if you wanted to fly in the sky like a bird so much that you start believing it and jump of a cliff ..this wouldnt work because of the earthy law of gravity... hehe
However i understand this statement she made as being part of the argument that we have the ability to heal our body with the power of will or thought. If cancers have been cured with the power of will and thought staying slim could also be achieved using the same route. It can sound weird as a concept and is something yet to be proved but i wouldnt dismiss it as a possibility nonetheless.
We are not as advanced either mentally spiritually or scientifically as we like to think.... theories we thought for centuries as valid have been changed or cancelled from new ones. So an open mind yet be critical is essential for progress to take place not only in what the Secrets says but in all levels. This could be one of those things.. or not! who knows hehe Wink

spoty, thanks for staying with me and trying to educate me... and thank you for saying that her examples are extreme BUT this is what this woman really believes and it just shocks me that it has become such a HUGE new religion...

spotysocks Wrote:First I shall say that imo there is a certain amount of exaggeration on the graphic examples they give. But let me try to explain, hopefully it will make sense!
When something annoys us we can choose either to laugh about it or get upset. People will respond to you differently.
If you (consciously or unconsciously ) chose to have a positive reaction you ll be more relaxed and thus seem more approachable and more likely to get a smile from soneone right? even the problem will not seem as big. If you choose to get upset angry the problem is magnified and people will pick up on your bad mood and will respond to you in a less positive way. This is an example of how we can condition ourselves to be happy or sad , grumpy or cheerful and so on... People are part of the universe and react to you in different ways upon the signals you give them , imagine the universe it self what can do. Bottom line positive thinking attracts positive outcome and negative thinking attracts negative outcome.

I totally understand this and have found it to be true. I am the type to totally let negativity flow off my back but my Japanese partner would keep the smallest thing a stranger said negatively for years and years and it would eat him up and people would turn their backs on him due to this way of life.

Quote:There is an experiment called the Intention Experiment If you want Google their site you to find out more.

Will look into that, thanks...

Quote:Personally i can say 100% that i have attracted in my life everything i can complain about and i am 100% responsible for everything that effects me positively or negatively. That is step 1 accomplished. What i dont find always easy is to rule my reaction, mood and energy independently of any circumstances. Thats is what i am trying to master with meditation.

[COLOR="purple"]Good luck with your mastering of this challenge. But, here again, I must disagree. Well, I dont know you and yes, maybe everything you have to complain about you brought on yourself. I can understand most of the same but also believe that even if others see me bringing on a negativity onto myself I actually dont see it that way. I seem to attract partners/soul mates that need a lot of help. I see myself as a care giver. If my life did not have a partner who needed help I would feel useless and incomplete. Some may feel I bring troubled people into my life and I should change that but I feel it is actually something that makes me grow and is a positive thing for me.

I greatly disagree also about being able to control negativity from others entering yourself. Take my own health as an example. Yes, I brought hep c into my body but was living with it for about 20 years and was extremely healthy, didnt even know I had the C. I believe my body knew I had C and it was taking care of itself... When the C was discovered the medical field was quick to treat with current medications and I was more or less frightened by the docs suggestion that my condition could drastically worsen in a year or two if I didnt treat. I took horrible poisons for nearly 1.5 years and pushed myself to cure of C even thought the current meds and my viral type didnt have much of a success rate. Well, I "cured" of C but the poisonous meds was put into a chaotic state. My team of docs now believe that the meds changed some genetic or chromosomic activity... I CERTAINLY DID NOT WISH FOR GENETIC DAMAGE. It wasnt even hinted as a possibility - so I really do think that no matter what we do to protect ourselves others do enter and manipulate and effect us.[/COLOR]

Quote:However i understand this statement she made as being part of the argument that we have the ability to heal our body with the power of will or thought. If cancers have been cured with the power of will and thought staying slim could also be achieved using the same route. It can sound weird as a concept and is something yet to be proved but i wouldnt dismiss it as a possibility nonetheless.

I really wish that this crazy woman would just stick to reality... but she seems to BELIEVE that she has control over the other natural laws, so stupid but that is how the new religion works...

Quote:We are not as advanced either mentally spiritually or scientifically as we like to think.... theories we thought for centuries as valid have been changed or cancelled from new ones. So an open mind yet be critical is essential for progress to take place not only in what the Secrets says but in all levels. This could be one of those things.. or not! who knows hehe Wink

I SUPER AGREE Remybussi

fjp999 Wrote:spoty, thanks for staying with me and trying to educate me... and thank you for saying that her examples are extreme BUT this is what this woman really believes and it just shocks me that it has become such a HUGE new religion...

You are welcome hun!
I dont see her as the expert... she just was smart enough to put information together and use techniques such as rough examples to generate some controversy and a big splash. And as you see she achieved that. Still good though , because of her information known before as Prayer, Cosmic Ordering ect changed name to LOA and became more popular.
Dont take everything she say word by word, take the core of the idea and that is good enough. There are other sources if you want to expand your knowledge on the Law of attraction. If i remember what i found when i was doing my research will give you more details if you want.
Start with Lynne McTaggart from the Intention Experiment, check out Abraham-Hicks who is the ambassador of this new to us idea long before the book was published and see how it goes.

Quote: I can understand most of the same but also believe that even if others see me bringing on a negativity onto myself I actually dont see it that way. I seem to attract partners/soul mates that need a lot of help. I see myself as a care giver. If my life did not have a partner who needed help I would feel useless and incomplete. Some may feel I bring troubled people into my life and I should change that but I feel it is actually something that makes me grow and is a positive thing for me.
It is not what others say but how you see it. You certainly now your situation better than anyone else. For you is positive to be in the relationships you are for reasons you said above and you attract just that. Good for you!

Quote: I greatly disagree also about being able to control negativity from others entering yourself.

It is not about controlling negativity receiving from others but have control on your own thoughts (or reaction if makes more sense this way) and directing them consciously where you want them to be. Your negativity not the one from others. i.e It is raining cats and dogs and i have planned to go out. I can either see it as an opportunity of a little splish-splash and singing in the rain, a good time to start the fireplace ect.. or as bad luck curse the weather and feel bad about it. If i do the first chances are i get more things to feel good about and if i do the second i will have more things to feel sad about.
It is not about wishing either, it's about thought. This is how it works according to this theory. Every thought transmit a signal to the source energy called Universe. If we know what we dont want and focus our thought in that by disliking it, fearing it , hating it.... the universe doesnt understand we actually dont want this; understands we that we are thinking about it and believes this is what we like/want so it gives us more of that. So why not focus to what we want instead? That's the main idea of the whole Secret.
Also to succeed doing so according to the Secret we need to be grateful of what we have and where we are in life, take responsibility of everything and then gain control and master what needs improvement.

spotysocks Wrote:You are welcome hun!
Start with Lynne McTaggart from the Intention Experiment, check out Abraham-Hicks who is the ambassador of this new to us idea long before the book was published and see how it goes.

That was interesting reading and with one of them a scientific paper was suppose to be published for review but it doesnt say if that paper was ever published... but very interesting reading.

It is not what others say but how you see it. You certainly now your situation better than anyone else. For you is positive to be in the relationships you are for reasons you said above and you attract just that. Good for you!

Thank you. So few recognize that what one may see as negative another may see as positive.

It is not about controlling negativity receiving from others but have control on your own thoughts (or reaction if makes more sense this way) and directing them consciously where you want them to be. Your negativity not the one from others. i.e It is raining cats and dogs and i have planned to go out. I can either see it as an opportunity of a little splish-splash and singing in the rain, a good time to start the fireplace ect.. or as bad luck curse the weather and feel bad about it. If i do the first chances are i get more things to feel good about and if i do the second i will have more things to feel sad about.
[/COLOR] It is not about wishing either, it's about thought. This is how it works according to this theory. Every thought transmit a signal to the source energy called Universe. If we know what we dont want and focus our thought in that by disliking it, fearing it , hating it.... the universe doesnt understand we actually dont want this; understands we that we are thinking about it and believes this is what we like/want so it gives us more of that. So why not focus to what we want instead? That's the main idea of the whole Secret.
Also to succeed doing so according to the Secret we need to be grateful of what we have and where we are in life, take responsibility of everything and then gain control and master what needs improvement.

Ok, I agree with just about everything you write as well as believe I have been practicing this most of my life. My use of the word wish was a bit of a mistake as I meant thought... I rather think of them as the same and remember The Secret actually using the genie & 3 wishes as an illustration... so to correct myself: I CERTAINLY DID NOT THINK GENETIC DAMAGE ON MYSELF.