Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stunning 2,200 years old mosaics discovered
it is fascinating, they say that humans have been around for, what, 40,000 years? I'm not sure.

I wonder if our current civilization will leave behind something so graceful. to think this was created with the tools they had at the time is amazing.

I'm curious whom the people represented are. As much as I can feebly translate Greek characters, the names don't appear to be gods of the pantheon as I'd expected. Perhaps a family album of sorts?

Man,,, that must have been hard to keep clean back then. All those darn grout lines that will have to be cleaned with the softened end of a stick,,,, while on your knees!!!!! And they didn't even have 409 spray cleaner to help loosen up the dirt that the cat drug in...

Those mosaic tiles are in amazing shape considering their age...
We Have Elvis !!

Borg69 Wrote:I'm curious whom the people represented are. As much as I can feebly translate Greek characters, the names don't appear to be gods of the pantheon as I'd expected. Perhaps a family album of sorts?

What is obvious is that they were in the house of an extremely rich family and probably represent the major members of the same family.

I'm glad that so many people have enjoyed my post.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams