Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Success is?
eating without bursting into many many tears

lol

Having this baby with no problems~

Spellbound Wrote:Successful career, good relationship, nice place to live with decent stuff (but not over the top), good health, being well-regarded by people, financial security (see career).

Easy-peasy, no?

It's all just mind set. You can do it if you put your mind to it.

Joshular Wrote:It's all just mind set. You can do it if you put your mind to it.

That is a necessary but not sufficient condition. You have to have some talent/brains/luck as well as determination.

All of witch can be accomplished with your mind.
If you want a talent then practice.
If you want brains then study.
If you want luck use common sense.

Joshular Wrote:All of witch can be accomplished with your mind.
If you want a talent then practice.
If you want brains then study.
If you want luck use common sense.

I wish it was that simple. I tried practicing at many things without any success at all, since I don't have the basic material: eye-hand coordination. You're born with that.

I coached someone in mathematics once, but it didn't work because he wasn't that way inclined. You're born smart.

Common sense can stop you walking under ladders, but can't prevent the drunk driver crossing the white line.

Yes imma be dat guy, but if you don't like it you know what you can politely do :hugs-and-kisses-smi

But to me, Success is not something you achieve but maintain.

Getting Money , Getting new clothes, having a fancy shmancy job, being well liked, all these things to me are not a representation of success but of achievement.

To be successful to me, is to be respectful to all things, to be helpful, to be happy in who are, these things are to me representative of success, because it shows virtue, altruism, worldly kindness and understanding.

Attaining wealth, status, items are not indicative to being successful, as these are things you get or earn, and although you may work for them, you have only achieved or attained, but not succeeded.

Too often do people confuse Wealth, Status and possessions as the ideals of Success, but I don't believe in that.

I don't care if that makes me seem like a Hippy or what ever, you can lick the bark of the Divine Tree and hopefully receive a blessing after the bleeding stops, because people often put a stigma on those who believe outside the sociological-norm.

Any who, there you go Hands-make-heart

Success is a dish best served cold.

...pretty sure that's how it goes

Spellbound Wrote:I wish it was that simple. I tried practicing at many things without any success at all, since I don't have the basic material: eye-hand coordination. You're born with that.

I coached someone in mathematics once, but it didn't work because he wasn't that way inclined. You're born smart.

Common sense can stop you walking under ladders, but can't prevent the drunk driver crossing the white line.

Literally, Birth does not equal entitlement.

Cognitive ability has nothing to do with the inherency of intelligence, but the aptitude to learn, which is overtime learned/taught.

I was not born a GCSE student, I worked and learned in order to become one.

And Common Sense cannot be awarded to those impaired by Narcotics, due to various neurological conditions afflicted by the Narcotics and so is not to say they would make the same errors under no impairment.

Whereas walking under a ladder is a conscious and unimpaired response to the stimuli of the potential situation in which the ladder could fall, so you move based on cognitive precepts, where as a Drunk or otherwise externally impaired(drugs/alcohol) person may make the wrong decision, due to not having the same level of consciousness .

Coffee

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. Intelligence is at least partially inherited; if don't have enough of it to start with, you never will. The same with sporting ability; you can't learn to run at 9.80 without the basic equipment. I could try forever and I'd never make it.

I think you misunderstood my comment about the drunk driver: what I meant was that common sense can tell you not to walk under ladders, but if a drunk driver crosses the white line and crashes into your car and kills you, that's bad luck, and there's nothing you can do about it.