Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Success is?
And so this explains people born with no legs or even losing them at some point in life can learn to swim on par or better than people with limbs. I'm sure we do disagree to agree ma'am.

But again, impairment cannot be comparable with common sense, as being Drunk obviously constitutes being mentally impaired, so how then can that be compared to the consciously aware person applying common sense to a situation.

I have not misunderstood, but I don't think what you're trying to tell me is coming across right, because you are comparing apples and oranges.

And luck has nothing to do with common sense, but circumstance. True a Drunk driver hitting you is bad luck, but is not a show of lack of Common sense for either party, as this is a matter of circumstance.

Common Sense requires awareness and judgment, something a Drunk person lacks significantly more than a non-drunk person.

If you had said;

It's Common sense for a person to walk around a ladder rather than underneath and that Driving while texting shows a lack of common sense, as this is a poor act of judgment, would have been a more accurate statement.

As the two are comparable in that they are both unpaired, however one shows Common Sense in walking around the ladder because he was aware and showed good judgment, whereas the other showed poor Common Sense in that he showed poor judgment in pulling out his phone while driving, which removed his awareness and thus becomes bad luck of circumstance for whomever he strikes. Which is then a matter of circumstance, not necessarily lack of common sense, however it stems from it.

As luck of either end can occur when aware and not aware.

At least that's how it makes sense Coffee

Success to me is being at total peace with myself. Tangibly speaking though, in terms of goals, I'd like to go through grad school and come out alive. That would feel successful to me. But, yeah, I dunno. All I know is I'd be happy finishing school, getting a decent job, and settling down with a guy in an old fixer-upper house and working on it together into old age. Will it happen? Probably not. I can dream though.

Sylph Wrote:But again, impairment cannot be comparable with common sense, as being Drunk obviously constitutes being mentally impaired, so how then can that be compared to the consciously aware person applying common sense to a situation.

He wasn't talking about common sense on the drunk driver's part. He meant that Driver A could be showing all the common sense in the world (driving the speed limit, staying in their own lane, watching the road, etc.) but it won't save them if Driver B suddenly swerves into Driver A's lane too quickly for Driver A to avoid being hit.

People can swim very well without legs, they just use their arms. That's a stupid comparision.

If you read the original quote, it said that if you want luck use common sense, which is rubbish, which is why I said what I did.

I said nothing at all about texting while driving. I said that getting killed by a drunk driver is bad luck and nothing to do with common sense.

Have you been drinking or something, or on the weed? You're making no sense.

And why don't you learn to speak English properly. Most people can manage it.

Success to me is just being happy, and remembering what is really important in life.

Spellbound Wrote:People can swim very well without legs, they just use their arms. That's a stupid comparision.

If you read the original quote, it said that if you want luck use common sense, which is rubbish, which is why I said what I did.

I said nothing at all about texting while driving. I said that getting killed by a drunk driver is bad luck and nothing to do with common sense.

Have you been drinking or something, or on the weed? You're making no sense.

And why don't you learn to speak English properly. Most people can manage it.

First of all, you weren't making sense especially on the drunk driving part ,because you were not concise. You kept intermingling factors like Luck and common sense, so I thought you were making a comparison. And you still werent clear the second time, so excuse me.

And even if you were and I missed it,
how dare you you fucked up pig! What gives you the right to say such things. You and your domination-elitist complex. Take it and shove it violently up your ass and spit it out! Your a disgusting and vile piece of shit and Your momma must be rolling in her grave over how sorry she is to have had to push you out of her.

Ugh I'm so leaving and it's definitely not just because of you, so don't flatter yourself.

Unu Suck ya Madda. That good enough English for you Asshole?

Sorry everyone else, but this was it. I'm afraid I have to take the example left by the other older members and take a break...the period of which I dont know. Too many things I've let culminate, but to be treated like this. No had enough of that.

Umma check y'all later. Hands-make-heart

hmmm, a sucessful person huh, one who takes the time to help others even when it may hold him back from achiving all the desires he may have, kinda like when my kids crashes cars, I told them that people are more important than equipment, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Success.... I think I still have a long road to archive it, but I hope it is when you finally accomplish all your goals/dreams whitout feeling that your life is empty, like feeling when all you've done is what you love. :3

VileKyle Wrote:Success is to kill the Batman. It's simple, really.

Yes....but we have to find out where he gets all those nice toys first!!!!

Success......................

Hmmmmmm...........................

Well, I suppose it would be getting the life I would be happy with.