Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion on Android Smartphone
Hi guys,

Straight to the point, I would like to buy smartphone for my mom and dad. I'm thinking of Android since Apple is too pricey for two. I don't mind buying Iphone if it's just for one but I have to consider for two.

The smartphone is actually for my mom - Mother's Day. But my dad himself doesn't have a smartphone. They only have Nokia tactile based handphones. I don't want my dad to be jealous or such.

I'm not very familiar with Android smartphone so I could use an advise or two. I'm looking for a quality brand, mid range price and easy to use (entry level). I don't think they will have problem to shift to touch screen/smart phone as my dad is computer savvy and both of them have played around with my Iphone and Ipad.

Should I go with Samsung or Lenovo or HTC or others? Any suggestion? Much appreciated.

Where I live it seems like everyone is crazy about the galaxy phones, I think there some sort of android based google phones, I have the s5 and I still see people with the older modles (galaxy 2-4). I love it, mostly because I can still switch out the battery and memory card which they unfortunately stopped on the s6.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I have a Droid Bionic from a few years ago and still love it. Still learning how to work it but then again I am technologically challenged. Brian has the new Droid Turbo and he loves it and has learned it quickly and easily.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

I had the Samsung Galaxy S2 originally, have had the S4 for about 18 months and will probably go for the S6 when my contract is due for renewal. Been very impressed with the S2 and particularly the S4. I'd say both were pretty easy to use, though the I still occasionally discover new things on the S4 even now. Just my opinion of course, but I feel the Android phones are much more user friendly than the Apple ones, though it could be because it's what I am used I suppose.

I went to Samsung store yesterday. They have so many options at mid range price that left me bit confused. I don't know what's the best or minimum requirements for a good android phone.

I played around with Samsung phones. I didn't have any problem navigating through the OS (Okay, so Samsung no longer uses Android but Tizen). But I like the OS.

I will survey other brands mainly HTC, Sony and Huawei.

In my country, majority of people either use Samsung or Iphone.

Thanks everyone.

I'd recommend the Motorola G, 179USD (647.86 Ringgit) really good quality smart phone. I have their flagship Moto X and could not be happier with it.

Stock android, no bloat ware, good size, good specs - so you get a good high tech handset for an entry level price without compromising on quality.