Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suicide of gay muslim
jimcrackcorn Wrote:[...]

I left home at 17 and made a life for myself,,,, without her in it!!!

And you obviously did the right thing Honey, thank you for sharing your testimony.

Like I said, it seems that many gay men have a difficult relationship with their mothers. Is it just a coincidence?

meridannight Wrote:[...]
suicide is a tragic subject, but this guy had no deep tragic reason to opt for such an outcome. [...]

You don't know that!

This kind of psychological abuse can be unbearable and anyone can crack up under such pressure, especially in a family as conservative as his.

I agree that suicide is never a solution but who am I to judge his actions?

MikeW Wrote:That's how I feel too -- and that's why I have so little to do with my family. I can't abide ignorant, sanctimonious hypocrites who think they have it all figured out. Their own shit don't stink. The harm they do is immeasurable -- as your second post makes clear.

-_-

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Mike.

I have already forgiven my mother for all the things she's said and done and I advise everyone else to do the same. Yes it's tough and unfair but it's also a great opportunity to grow and become a stronger person.

It's normal and easy to leave your family behind in our western society, but is that the case for middle-eastern families? It's a different culture and since I haven't lived it, I will not pretend to understand it.
I think it's weird to believe in gods, but I am thankful for my being brought up with christian values, mainly love your neighbour and don't kill. My family isn't faithful to god either.

I have to think that there was more going on with this guy than only this issue with his mother.

As others have pointed out, he was a professional, in a long term relationship with a guy and lived in a western, democratic country that has moved ahead greatly in the area of homo rights.

Such a pity FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm
Coward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MisterLove Wrote:b) Families and especially mothers are always a great cause for concern if you're a gay man.

i trained my mother to stay out of my personal business ever since i was 13.

she still doesn't believe i am gay and she chooses to ignore what i have to say about it, according to her it's time for me to stop ''playing around with other boys'' but she's not the type to hold it against me. she doesn't understand it, and wants me to be with women, but i'm not gonna hold that against her. i get along with my mom great now. if i ever bring a guy home to her, she'll either have to face the facts or continue to live in ignorant bliss. that's her choice. i'll still bring a guy home.

MisterLove Wrote:...I have already forgiven my mother for all the things she's said and done and I advise everyone else to do the same...
Save your breath. I will *never* forgive my sister for performing multiple exorcisms -- attempting, in the name of Jesus Christ, to "cast out the demon of homosexuality" -- over her son, my nephew, as he lay dying of AIDs in hospital.

MikeW Wrote:Save your breath. I will *never* forgive my sister for performing multiple exorcisms -- attempting, in the name of Jesus Christ, to "cast out the demon of homosexuality" -- over her son, my nephew, as he lay dying of AIDs in hospital.

maybe you should send her off to some place to treat her for her religion. you know, like a mental institution.

I have a friend who is from Pakistan who insists on calling himself straight, but he has only had sex with one girl but multiple guys. He justifies his claim by saying he doesn't suck or bottom. He only gets oral performed on him and he tops. This denial is a big part of his religion and culture.

This story bothers me because of the man's age, his level of education, his MD degree and the fact he has been partnered so long. I agree with Rareboy that there is more to this than meets the eye. His autopsied reveal some heavy drugs in his system, too.