Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sup?
meninlove Wrote:I like it.

So, how are you and Gid's handsome-mansome selves today? Is his flu going away?

Gid sounds like he's feeling better today. Smile I'm visiting my mother (did a 5 hour drive last night to get here) so although not the greatest day for me, it's not bad. Relaxing so far.

How about you and yours?

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Gid sounds like he's feeling better today. Smile I'm visiting my mother (did a 5 hour drive last night to get here) so although not the greatest day for me, it's not bad. Relaxing so far.

How about you and yours?

We're doing alright. I'm trying to live a slower and more sedate life (health problem discovered in January), whilst BIll is powerhousing all over the neighbourhood helping people out with their gardens etc. (something I also like to do, or did, grrrr)

That's quite the drive to see Mom, eh?

meninlove Wrote:We're doing alright. I'm trying to live a slower and more sedate life (health problem discovered in January), whilst BIll is powerhousing all over the neighbourhood helping people out with their gardens etc. (something I also like to do, or did, grrrr)

That's quite the drive to see Mom, eh?

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about the health problems. I hate when something like that starts curtailing favorite activities. It can be seriously frustrating.

Yeah, she has a wound nurse coming tomorrow to essentially "core out" a wound on her leg and she was really scared. Didn't want to be alone for it. So my sister and I came down to be here with her.

Eeep! Your poor Mom! Kudos to you and your sister.

Thanks for the kind words - aortic aneurism down near the kidneys - inherited on the male side. Dad had the same, passed away at 68 from it. The Doctors keep an eye on mine with ultrasounds.

meninlove Wrote:Eeep! Your poor Mom! Kudos to you and your sister.

Thanks for the kind words - aortic aneurism down near the kidneys - inherited on the male side. Dad had the same, passed away at 68 from it. The Doctors keep an eye on mine with ultrasounds.

Ahh. don't they do stints or... something for those? I thought my father had something similar at one point, although maybe I'm wrong about what it was.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Ahh. don't they do stints or... something for those? I thought my father had something similar at one point, although maybe I'm wrong about what it was.

Stents with some, removal and replacement with artificial connection (think of a piece of hose) is another. BUT, it has to be large enough for the aneurism rupturing to outweigh the surgical risks. Oh well, such is life at 59, lol.

meninlove Wrote:Stents with some, removal and replacement with artificial connection (think of a piece of hose) is another. BUT, it has to be large enough for the aneurism rupturing to outweigh the surgical risks. Oh well, such is life at 59, lol.

Ahhhh ok. Yeah. I remember some discussion about the size being a factor in my father having the surgery, now that I think of it. It was quite a while ago.

I can definitely understand the frustrations of having to take it easy and physical limitations tho.

Btw, nice excerpt of your writing in the other thread. loved the read. Gid and I do creative writing together (interactive) but it's not in a book type format.

Thanks, eh? I posted more, but it's been delayed - under review.

meninlove Wrote:Thanks, eh? I posted more, but it's been delayed - under review.

Gid had a post under review too. We were trying to figure out last night why it was flagged. figure it had to maybe be a trigger word or something.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Gid had a post under review too. We were trying to figure out last night why it was flagged. figure it had to maybe be a trigger word or something.

Part of the site moderation. I'm not sure if its trigger words or just random selection. Its a pain but at least there is moderation here to stop the unwanted from happening :p
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]