Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court Justices Call to Overturn Marriage Equality
I thought the republicans were on our side? Who would have thought that a conservative court (which should be impartial, but you know damn well that's never the case). So this right here is what we have to look forward to with 4 more years of Trump or rather that is what we may get with only 4 years of Trump. Some people think their religious values should apply to everyone...selectively.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/10/two-...verturned/

Quote:Justice Clarence Thomas issued an opinion today that repeatedly attacked the 2015 Supreme Court decision in Obergefell v. Hodges – which legalized marriage equality in all 50 states – as unconstitutional because it “bypassed” the “democratic process” and cause people “with sincerely held religious beliefs concerning marriage” to “find it increasingly difficult to participate in society.”

Personally I find people's sincerely held religious beliefs to be absolute bullshit, in other words I'm calling them hypocrites.

Quote:“Until then, Obergefell will continue to have ‘ruinous consequences for religious liberty.’”

I'd like to know how a gay couple getting married effects someone's religious liberty...

Anyway, read the article and given that there are two calling to overturn marriage equality right now tell me what will come up when this new justice is confirmed by the senate. If it is not clear what side republicans are on and who's rights they care about by now then we simply lose.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I'm sure they'll soon overturn Lawrence vs Texas too, and make it a prison sentence to literally be gay.

Good job with Trump y'all. But hey, he "triggered the libs" so I guess losing your rights was worth it.

It will be a tragedy if that happens.... People in masses are dumbasses. I guess that's being too general...

There is something wrong with a certain subset of people who somehow think Trump is ok. Or that the GOP will take advantage of having a senate majority to confirm a justice when so many times in the past the refused to do so when it was the other party. The thing is the judge are supposed to be impartial, they're not supposed to be liberal or conservative...of course that's not the case and I feel like the further along we go the worse it will get. I mean think of the worst person you could put in as a justice...like idk Rush Limbaugh, can you imagine a whackjob like that being in there?

They want to reverse these ruling not because they think it was unconstitutional but because they hate gay people, they're scared of it, in denial whatever the case it. People are scared of what they don't understand. Conservative Christian moms are completely ignorant, look at the post @LONDONER had on the mom who wanted her son to stop being gay... I mean how far do you have to be up your own ass to go hmmm that doesn't sound right.

Anyway, let's prepare for the worst and hope for the best....

We need to go to Mars.... So yeah Elon how's that starship thing going? Tell me more about terraforming?

Joking aside, this is really bad. Perhaps if Biden wins, the senate and house go blue maybe they can undo Trumps SC appointment, I don't care if it is a low blow either. I know that's wishful thinking but perhaps some of the damage can be undone.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • ceez