Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court of India declares gay sex illegal
Lilitu Wrote:... Did none of you read that article or my post...

O.o

I don't think its right that everybody now seems to blame everything wrong with the world on religion and beliefs. If you read that article, it gives the opinion that Hinduism (and this could apply to religions worldwide) have, in the face of globalism and Western-style regulated civilisation, been corrupted into a mouthpiece for views that are hardly much to do with Hinduism at all, but more stemming from the remnants of colonialism and the effects of a world where everybody is taught to be up the business of others and, defining things (something which Hinduism fundamentally does not do).

I did read the article, sir, that's what I've been saying that the case in India has more to do with its muslim and evangelic population rather than Hinduists..

The only thing the Colonial British power brought to this case was that 200 years old Victorian law that they're using as an excuse..

Hinduism has been a part of the Indian subcontinent for too many thousand years to think possible that British colonization could have influenced it to that extent...

Islam has been arround some 1500 years to have been influenced by colonial powers..

I'm not blaming "everything wrong in the world on religion and beliefs". Simply, you just cannot deny that gay folks are being executed in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, etc on account of a religion...Same goes for the anti-LGBT influence in Eastern Europe due to the Orthodox Church, same goes for Catholics and Evangelics in the Western world, albeit this last one is less critical that the 2 previous ones..

It is time to either go back to the root of the beliefs (which in no current one stipulates killing people) and let everyone be and live in peace or to simply wipe out religion since is has be corrupted to such an extent that a religion qill say it's ok:

to marry off 8-12 years olds to 50 year old guys only to die when they are forced to have sex.

to execute people on account of different points of view, orientation, even racial background..

ALL OUT SECULAR WAR ON RELIGION...mind you, on religion, not on the original beliefs

Omg you gays i just saw the mock the week episode where there doing "thing a politician would never say" and one of them was "i want to criminalize homosexuality that way i can feel bad when i do it"

One of the things I have learned in my life, being an observer, is that I have always found that those who make the laws against things are the ones actually DOING those things.

So can Indian gay men apply for asylum in US now that India treats gays as criminals? I am not sure about how to apply for Gay asylum in US and if it is even accepted in US coz. some 15 states have gay marriages legal now (and the number growing!). Does anyone know anything about applying for gay asylum in US?

I read the below exception to the 1-yr rule of applying asylum in US (i.e. the person should apply for asylum within the first year of entering US):

Exceptions to the one year deadline fall into two categories, “changed circumstances” and “extraordinary circumstances.” Even if an applicant meets one of these exceptions, she or he still must file within a “reasonable period of time,” which is not defined but generally means within a few months.

Examples of “changed circumstances”:

The applicant did not “come out” until she came to the U.S.
The applicant’s government just changed and made homosexuality illegal

This really sounds like something you would hear about in the dark ages Sad. just wow

SilverBullet Wrote:This really sounds like something you would hear about in the dark ages Sad. just wow

well, Muslims go back to the Middle Ages, sure...as for the rest, Christianity is from Ancient days and Hinduism is much much older...

so think even more backwards...

trouble is not the beliefs, is when beliefs creep into the State Administration and Legislation...

its a little bid scary that some countries have had gay/ lesbian presidents ..Iceland for example, and they have to have diplomatic dealings with these backward countries when the country involved would imprison them if they could - maybe in a 100 years time these places will develop better humanitarian judgments

Societies pendulum continues to swing both ways. Many countries have become gay friendly in the last 10 years,,, while a few countries like Uganda, Russia & India are swinging in the opposite direction.

I am really surprised by India's sudden shift towards an anti-gay stance. I thought that country was moving forward and away from it's cultural/religious bindings.
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:I am really surprised by India's sudden shift towards an anti-gay stance.

really? filled with muslims and sorrounded by muslim countries....I find no surprise in it

there's even a minority of protestants there helping the anti-gay cause..

Hinduists are, funny enough, the lesser problem in this matter..

so now, after the situation with the Indian diplomat being stripped search at the airport, some of the Indian politicians want to arrest gay U.S. diplomats in India.
http://gothamist.com/2013/12/22/indian_d...rompts.php
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]