Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sylph

Just for you

And also this
Black-hunk-wave

Straight to mixed group... Hmm Bending are we?

Joshular Wrote:

Just for you

And also this
Black-hunk-wave

off topic here, but

*sigh* what happened to the days when she was just a skinny black haired Colombian singer...she had amazing songs...

before she American-ized herself ..ugh..Cry

"Sylph".

Hmmmm.

Still sounds like a venereal disease to me.

I'm glad I am not the only one...lol...it is almost like the word has been cut off before it finished, but my mind always completes the word in the background

southbiochem Wrote:off topic here, but

*sigh* what happened to the days when she was just a skinny black haired Colombian singer...she had amazing songs...

before she American-ized herself ..ugh..Cry

No way gurl, she's still a sexy ass Colombian Sista ;3 I love her, especially her music, I can definitely tell she's not American. Aside from my Island Music, I find Colombian/Spanish Music the only Music I can dance to.

Granted she doesn't sing solely in Spanish anymore, I think she broadened her horizons, no offensive to the spanish community, but she can't hope to do what she wants in a limited way of expression, which is to only people who speak spanish.

Rihanna, who is from Barbados, had to drop her accent some and change up her music so that she could garner more appeal, especially seeing as how most of the world either do not like or understand Island music.

But she's still Barbadian and actually infuses it sometimes, like in her song "Pon de Replay"

Bob Marley had to do it and without him, nearly no one would be saying One Love and so forth (which is annoying when people just say it to try and sound cool >.> ).

And if she didn't sing in English and stuff, I'd never be able to enjoy and love her and shake my hips to Hips don't Lie - which is like my anthem lolz

MisterTinkles Wrote:"Sylph".
Hmmmm.

Still sounds like a venereal disease to me.

dfiant1 Wrote:I'm glad I am not the only one...lol...it is almost like the word has been cut off before it finished, but my mind always completes the word in the background

[COLOR="Blue"]That, Mr.Tinkles and Daddi, is because the whole of you both are complete and utter "wank stains".

Syphilis is spelt with no L and is pronounced "Siff-eh-lis" in your tongues and "Siff-ah-lis" on mine and sounds nothing like "Sill-ff"

So if you cannot speak, read and understand words better than someone with broken english, than clearly y'all are in need of some schooling >.>

Do some research boys ;3 [/COLOR]

Joshular Wrote:

Just for you

And also this
Black-hunk-wave

Aw Thanks you Joshie babes.

"This Time for Africa" can we get a yes ma'am? lol

I loved this song when it came out, actually kinda for that little African gurl who just came out and killed it.

And the beat... gurl my back was just in the moment, undulating and I was just moving. and I just love their dances ugh >.>

When the music starts omg I'm like taken over xDD floppin my locks everywhere ^.^

Joshie knows what I like >.>
Hands-make-heart:hugs-and-kisses-smiIm-blushing-smiley

*sigh* yeah, I know she expanded her horizons, and did a good job for herself

but she was a already a big thing before that, and besides, there are more Spanish speakers in the world than there is English speakers (albeit, they come close) so it wasn't necessary to go "international" cause she was already doing very good..

of course, this nostalgia I'm showing is shared by many Spanish-speaker folks that knew here in those days..some others do like her still, though.

I don't dislike her music now, it's just before she was a whole lot better

lyrics were better, music was overall of greater quality..alas, some people even here, think differently..

oh, and speaking of Spanish songs I have one better for you

I think it suits an awful lot your attiude of "I am myself and don't give a shit what people think about it"

If you can translate the lyrics, you'll see I've given you a hell of a compliment Confusedmile:

southbiochem Wrote:*sigh* yeah, I know she expanded her horizons, and did a good job for herself

but she was a already a big thing before that, and besides, there are more Spanish speakers in the world than there is English speakers (albeit, they come close) so it wasn't necessary to go "international" cause she was already doing very good..

of course, this nostalgia I'm showing is shared by many Spanish-speaker folks that knew here in those days..some others do like her still, though.

I don't dislike her music now, it's just before she was a whole lot better

lyrics were better, music was overall of greater quality..alas, some people even here, think differently..

Yeah I understand. But now she has Spanish and English fans and gosh knows how many else.

I feel that way about Sean Paul, when he started making "House Music" for and with American artists, which kinda made him lose favour in the Island community.

Lol poor America, it's like... once you go America, you don't go back Rofl

But I am glad for how she is now though, even though she isn't the same as before, but hey, Change happens ;3

*Shakes Hips to Hips don't Lie* "I'm on tonight, you know mah hips don't lie..."

Coffee