Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sylph's Graphic Art[Game Design and Scripting]
[COLOR="Black"]ugh! So I'm finally coming out of my Nerd closet lol.

While I do play Music and have worked with Animals and can't be bothered to sit still for too very long, I have a secret I don't think I've mentioned here before....

[Image: FRpGw.gif]

I know, shocking right? xD But it's okay, cause I find nerds hawt anyway[like Miles and Bennie boo :hugs-and-kisses-smi ].

So anywho, for a long while now, like since before I even joined GS, like back when I was a baby chicken, from probably when I was 9, I've been into developing games and scripting shit and stuff. (I got my first "Computer" when i was 9, so >,> )

Like, C++, Java, Lua language/script, all that good shit, not to mention I really like to design and map games (cause I'm gay Stereotype ) and mess around with Textures and Tiles and Sprites and what not.

I joined a site YEARRRRSSSS[7 actually] Ago lol, for RPG-Maker, which back then was like super basic compared to what it is now, using like RM2k and RM95, which have been replaced by RPGM-V Ace, where I got really developed my passion for it (altho being from an underprivileged background, I never really got everything, but a good deal) and have since then moved on to UnReal Engine3 UDK and CryEngine3, which are both super famous and powerful Engines.

Perhaps even on par, if not better then Square Enix's Famous Crystal Tools Engine (however I heard they're coming out with a new Engine for better PS4 Optimization- If it isn't already- and it is INSANELY Epic, you have to Youtube it :p )

Okay, so now you know my deep dark secret; Here's the meat of the meal;

I've been working on 2 things in my spare Time, which isn't always a whole lot, so not everything is perfect or even complete, but I wanted to show off something I just recently started, which might make a few Pokemon Fans go Im-blushing-smiley lol

Probably not.

I saw a few videos on Youtube of Pokemon Rom Hacking, and decided, well shit, let's try it xD

So I got the tools(however some of which are outdated and I will explain a little further down, as you will see the impacts) and I got 2 Roms,and I set out to work yesterday, writing up Scripts(altho not utilizing them yet, as I prefer to work with the graphics first. - Doesn't matter either way)

Here's the Brand new Project, which has yet to be deigned a name, but my Sister wants it to be called;[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Violet"]Pokémon
Violet Iris[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]And the Maps (Even Professor Cyprus- As her map is having issues with the Warping Code/Script that I have set to the Island map and Vice-Versa)

Visellia Island(The "Events" - I.E People and Things wont show up, as this is in Editor mode)
[Image: cZaPnbf.jpg]
Yusil's(Personal name for Male Char) House
[Image: YD6GXGl.jpg]
Aelidra's(Female's)Home
[Image: gZikmwN.png]
And of course beloved Professor Cyprus, who we can't see -.-
[Image: QU0GXVv.png][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]Now I've provided Annotations briefly telling you what's going on, but here's a bit of the elaboration on why certain maps looks choppy or weird.

1) The Map & Event's Editor, While working nearly perfect in everyway(as it is up to current release I believe) - Has a tendency to wanna "add" tiles to where it thinks the Map is gonna connect to another map, so if I didn't have Movement Restricts (1 = Do not cross) then I would've just kept walking until I reached the end of the limitations(which contrary to my 10x10 parameter- is until the game decides enough is enough lol).

2) The Reason why the Pokemon are moving oddly on the island map and the Ho-oh in Female Player's home, is that in the normal game, their sprites are not really designed to move and face "Left" "Right" and in some cases "Up" , as the player normally engages them from the front, from a down-forward perspective.

So my having them sit to "Wander", will allow them to move, but since they lack the Sprite Frames of "Left" "Right" and "Up", they will only face down and present any Frames they would perform in that direction (Such as the Ho-oh flapping it's wings when going down).

Additionally, I've yet to integrate my Scripts to the Pokemon/People and Signs and what not, so that's why I didn't talk to them or anything. They are just there for my personal reference (as I have plans bitch :p )

Anywho, I want to show you guys what I'm working on in UnReal Engine3, but I'd rather wait until that is more tweaked, because it's gonna be a whole lot better than a Top-Down 2D Pokemon remake xD. Plus, I'm still in the early stages of it, cause altho I've used CryEngine3 a lil bit longer, and their systems are nearly the same, it's still like speaking half of a different language lol. One thing that's killing me... well 2 really... The Tessellations and The Texuringgggg lol. Altho I'm way used to 2D-2.5D Graphics/Textures and Sprites, 3D is a big step up and I can see why a lot of people are needed for a team when it comes to 3D shit :<

Sorry I geeked out you guys! But gurl, them gates did open! Sure did xD

[References for your Pleasure;]
CryEngine3

UnReal Engine3

[/COLOR]

Smiley-face-yawning Smiley-face-yawning Smiley-face-yawning

MisterTinkles Wrote:Smiley-face-yawning Smiley-face-yawning Smiley-face-yawning

This is what motivates me. My Haters <3
:hello-handsome-smil

lolz.

I'm gonna make a character of you Tinkles bitch, cause I know what you looks like and then I gonna push him off the cliff I'm gonna make xD
:hugs-and-kisses-smi

Sylph Wrote:This is what motivates me. My Haters <3

Honey, just that fact that you keep getting up in the morning motivates your haters!!!!
Evilgrin1Evilgrin1Evilgrin1

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSR1s7j-C5z-AaljH2kxzL...OQiiEbLZYz]

sylph Wrote:this is what motivates me. My haters <3

lolz.

I'm gonna make a character of you tinkles bitch, cause i know what you looks like and then i gonna push him off the cliff i'm gonna make xd
:hugs-and-kisses-smi

do one of meeeee

I dont appear to understand what your talking about but if it makes you happy its all good…

Pokemon… lol

I love you <3

you jumped to haters too soon ,,, wait for the fans to come in ,,and im sure we have em on gs I cant judge anyway ,,I love how you can dance,,,

omg I'm jealous :p I got into that stuff my last year of college and really liked it but I put it on hold for a while. I studied a little c++ and Java but I wanted to learn a lot more, actually I still have my books from the classes. I'm still interested in writing apps and games for mobile devices, if you or anyone else is interested the site http://coronalabs.com/ that has a lot of info in creating apps and publishing apps so you can make some cash on the side. Smile
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Versace Wrote:do one of meeeee
I'll try but fabulous is hard to do :p . You know this already GaGa gurl.

partis Wrote:I dont appear to understand what your talking about but if it makes you happy its all good…

Pokemon… lol

Oh gurl, its really easy once you get into it. It's like applying make up to your face. Just with more Variables and Graphics lol.

I thought I explained it simply ;< Sorry Partisa .

I have done stuff other than Pokegurls, its just what I'm doing now, cause it looked like fun.

mbennet35 Wrote:I love you <3
But Bennie darling, I love you morez :hello-handsome-smil . I'm still crazy jelly of your Minecraft skillz, and wish I could play with you :< .

I'm like dead serious, I can Minecraft, but you and others I've seen on YouTube are really good. Something about it lol just throws me off.
Check this out girl;

matty7 Wrote:you jumped to haters too soon ,,, wait for the fans to come in ,,and im sure we have em on gs I cant judge anyway ,,I love how you can dance,,,

Oh no, that was just my reflex to seeing Tinkles bitch name xD.

I hardly think I could garner fans on this little thing I put together in less than 2 hours. I hardly would think me that good lol, but flattery will get you everywhere Wink .

And thank you, my Body appreciates your appreciation :3

ceez Wrote:omg I'm jealous :p I got into that stuff my last year of college and really liked it but I put it on hold for a while. I studied a little c++ and Java but I wanted to learn a lot more, actually I still have my books from the classes. I'm still interested in writing apps and games for mobile devices, if you or anyone else is interested the site http://coronalabs.com/ that has a lot of info in creating apps and publishing apps so you can make some cash on the side. Smile

Omg no don't be jealouussssss!! :<

Cause I never went to school for this, I learned this on the fly as a kid and have just grown up tinkering around with it. I think people with the skill and knowledge would be ten times better lol. Be jealous of them :p

Omg lemme see your stuff *salivates* :p

Actually, I was perhaps thinking(around the same time as I was contemplating doing a LP channel of Retro Games) of making a Game for Mobile, but to do so alone would only take me like 3-6 months, if I'm lucky lol. So I am interested in taking a peek at that site, maybe I can pump out a Flappy Birds Clone xDDD

Actually, I'm slightly familiar with CoCoDx for Android/PC (as I have Androids) and it looks similar. Possibly better :0

If I had to pick a Game that inspired me towards contemplating Mobile gaming, it'd have to be; OceanHorn, as the visuals and nostalgic, yet innovative new feel is amurrrrrzing :p.

I'm actually better with C++, than I is at Java, cause the codes seem easier to me in C++. So I need to borrow your books lol.