Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sylph's Languages
So I can't believe I've not yet shown you all this, I could've sworn I did;

However, I was flipping through my Linguistics folder, and came across the languages I created a year and some ago, of which I haven't had much time to work on, but wish to finalize sometime soon.

I've already completed about 75% of both of the main languages, in terms of actually functioning as a Language, however now merely have to work out the idiosyncratic quirks.

But for now, I thought it'd be fun to show you all.

Without further ado:

Adryst
The language of the Progenitors.
Quote:Cúne elyu cō alta
Elyu cō alta...
Ary elyu lla?
Ýda caffyō ellu cō unella
Ýlluen na wō ýo lla?
Wō obrallayr mo ýe goffo
Ello çudrado ruffō lla

And the Daughter language

Yua
The language of Flowers.
Quote:Qúne çaneca
Ama çu...
Arí çu í atoçe?
Ýi pomí có uneu
Uça ýin ýuen na çu
Çu obarutean o çu beo
Erón çecaí dadoe

Of which, both are fully utilizable as functioning languages like English or Chinese, however;

Adryst follows the SOV word order similar to Japanese, while Yua is SVO like English, though can equally be understood in SOV.

Here is a fun Transliteration I did for a song I like awhile ago in Yua, to test it's ability to function as a modern language:

Tokyo Ghoul - Unravel

Qúne çaneca
Ama çu
Arí çu atoçe?
Ýi pom erune có uneu
Uça ýin ýuen na çu
Çu obarutean mo çu beo
Erón çecaí dadoe
Cí có açeonau mo juçeu
Ha no jema
Darue uça no pone, çu obaruten ýuen
Çu ferete apat çurí çuço
Toto jemaen ýi mue no ere şoete
Çu. Çu no teme
Apa
Oi Obarute, No ere Obarute
Çu gorean cí, no ere gore
Ýi có mue çu une
Ýuen fí çecaí emede mo temaço joecean
Cí qúbeo, ýi çu mue ní farueno!
Çaneca, apau
Darue uça no-pom unet...
Çaneca çuena çu
Ýuen fí çecaí erune hoçuça boçen
Çu no ferete yaju có, qúne ýin ýi nur
Eçí çu pone na có, uça bonat çu...
Teí çu uçan
Ýi reçane erune toço ýugoen ýune çu qúbeo
Faboça açeo Şe ƛímen çu no rebato
No oi moba, No oi qúça, No oi erame, No oi une
No oi roto, No oi çuena có!
Şoetean ýi çecaí!
Fí joece çoe dadoe
Yín no uçan moe
Cí qúne Şer temerça tonta joece
Şe tonta uçan çuenaen qúbeo
Oí obarute, No ere obarute
Çu gorean cí, no ere gore
Ýi có mue no ere obarute çu!
Ýuen fí çecaí emede mo temaço joecean
Cí qúbeo, ýi çu mue ní farueno!
Çaneca, apau
Darue uça no-pom unet...
Çaneca çuena çu
Çu yúen fí çecaí hoçuça yaçen
ƶímo şer faboça obarute
Eçí çu pone na có, uça bonat çu...
Teí açeo çu uçan...
(x4)
No juçeu çu!
Mo atoçe çu joecen, çu no moba
De çu ƛíme çurí fabo
Eçí çu pone na có, uça bonat çu
Qúne Çaneca...
Ama çu...
Ýi pom erune uneu
Uça ýin ýuen na çu?
Spoiler:

However, I've also done poems, video translations and graphic signatures all in both Adryst and Yua, even though they've since been more "modernized" and more organically tuned since their conception.

Which incidentally gives the languages a sort of history and measure of growth lingually, even if only by a year or so.

Any who! In the coming days, I will try to work more on these languages and will try to upkeep the progress here.

I've also completed lessons and a learning régime, like in school, so that the languages are not simply words, but can be understood academically.

Just felt like showing you girls, as I thought I already had! Sheep

Not everyone's cup of tea, I'm sure, but hopefully interesting enough to have not bored you to eternal slumber Cat3

Well done mate. I've always wanted to do something like that.

artyboy Wrote:Well done mate. I've always wanted to do something like that.

Thanks sweetie, tho it's really not that hard.

It does take time, even without dyslexia, but with enough effort and passion, anybody could do it really.

Sheep

Wow Sylph, you're full of surprises!

I was catching up on some older threads I'd missed when I saw this thread.

Did you create these languages just for fun or is it for a specific project/body of work?

You know, I believe Tolkien created the languages of the Elves first, then from that base worked out their entire backstory and culture, which just grew and grew. You could be onto something here and create your very own Middle Earth!

Love the new hairdo by the way :biggrin:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Bookworm Wrote:Wow Sylph, you're full of surprises!

I was catching up on some older threads I'd missed when I saw this thread.

Did you create these languages just for fun or is it for a specific project/body of work?

You know, I believe Tolkien created the languages of the Elves first, then from that base worked out their entire backstory and culture, which just grew and grew. You could be onto something here and create your very own Middle Earth!

Love the new hairdo by the way :biggrin:

Bless ya soul tonty!

I created these merely for fun, cause I had a lot of Free time on my hands.

Tho I'd hardly consider myself worthy to be compared to the lingual legacy of the likes of Tolkien Cat3

He was and is simply a genius even beyond his grave. I fear I'm hardly in the same sphere.

Tho I do appreciate ya interest and enthused reply!

And thanks on my hair, tho it's all fake lol. I made it using an App Sheep

Sylph Wrote:I created these merely for fun, cause I had a lot of Free time on my hands.

Tho I'd hardly consider myself worthy to be compared to the lingual legacy of the likes of Tolkien Cat3

He was and is simply a genius even beyond his grave. I fear I'm hardly in the same sphere.

Tho I do appreciate ya interest and enthused reply!

And thanks on my hair, tho it's all fake lol. I made it using an App Sheep

Thanks Sylph.

You certainly have a creative flair for languages, I wouldn't even know where to start. Even Tolkien had to start somewhere, and he spent most of his life working out those languages in Middle Earth Confusedmile:

I know, I saw your hair experiments in the Selfie thread, made me smile :biggrin:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

Since these are invented languages, are they actually phonetic? (ie a given letter corresponds to a sound?) Some languages have simplified their spelling in recent times, Chinese would benefit now to be spelt in Roman or other phonetic symbols like pinyin but it would be such a shame to lose those marvellous characters which are full of .... character and history and poetry.
I was just wondering whether you were also giving your language a 'past', so to speak or just giving it a (new) life. Also is it a language which has rules of declension and gender for example?

princealbertofb Wrote:Since these are invented languages, are they actually phonetic? (ie a given letter corresponds to a sound?) Some languages have simplified their spelling in recent times, Chinese would benefit now to be spelt in Roman or other phonetic symbols like pinyin but it would be such a shame to lose those marvellous characters which are full of .... character and history and poetry.
I was just wondering whether you were also giving your language a 'past', so to speak or just giving it a (new) life. Also is it a language which has rules of declension and gender for example?

Ah, mas o meu amigo lingual, precisa a lembrar que idiomas do mundo não frequentemente seguirem as regras de suas próprias gramáticas.

And you've missed vital information:

These languages do have a past, so to speak, as one is the progenitor of the other.

And follow no gender in particular.

Think of them broadly as favourable combinations of Japanese word order, Spanish phonemes and English idiomatic usage, I.e ;

Words sound as they look, more or less, utilizing the Spanish Vowel and accent System;
Using Japanese SOV word order and article markers;
But with English-esque idioms, such as using one word for something else (tho this really exists in all languages, but I based them off of English expressions like "A dime a Dozen")

Care to inquire more my dear?

I merely utilized the various languages in my head and formulated languages I find comprise of the more "convenient" or "useful" features of said languages, loosely speaking of course;

In order to replicate "Natural" lingual features and usage, hence my ability to Translate an English Translation of a Japanese song into both Languages.

So I guess you can say they're in operation-sake, the same as any other language, flaws and all.