Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sylphs' Shorts <3
By way of [MENTION=22213]Meerkat54[/MENTION], I decided I'll share what lil stories I have, just cause meh :p

I have to copy the first few from another site tho, so they aren't new.

And for the record before I begin, yes I do actually speak these languages in my real life, however, with certain languages, like Spanish, I still need to work on my grammar, hence why I even write in them at all. Well with exception of my native and standard English, which are of course my primary languages.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rei do céu
[King of Heaven]
[Image: 16824.jpg]

~ Caindo de o céu, batendo as nuvens.
Então o cara perguntar-me, "Lhe estás o rei dos homens?"

"Não sou o rei deles, eu sou somente um homem."
Ele olha como se não possa de entender, porque não necessitam ninguém.

Andamos juntos, entre a gente.
As pessoas aqui e aí, felizmente.

"Não necessitam um rei acha assim? Agora que está um tempo do ruim?"

Sim! Quando nas horas e temporadas maus, a gente vão fazem qualquer cosa que fazer-se a felicidade deles.

Permitem a ver e aprender, sem um rei.

Não precisamos um Reino. Porquê Nós Somos os Reis.

Spoiler:

Como Amaneciste
[How you wake up]
[Image: 63656_122621911137014_100001676162291_16...5358_n.jpg]

Sí, yo te miro cuando tú sueñas. Y aunque se parece extraña, solamente quiero a ser al próximo de ti como yo puedo.

Durando el día, las personas están muy duro a soportar. Te sufres y sufres y sufres por los manos de aquellos que quieren el dolor por ti.

No pueden verte como yo puedo. Y ya no puedo más.

Cuando yo te miro durmiendo, acostado en la cama, eres al paz. Y soy feliz.

Entonce, hay un momento cuando tu cara se hacer una expresión de dolor.

"¿Qué Vaina se molestarte?" Pregunto yo mismo.

Y como si nada se pasó, te amanece, y tus ojos parece bien. Me dices que estás bien.

Pero yo puedo verte intentando no cair.

En ésta manera tá como amaneciste, todo el tiempo...

Spoiler:

やれやれ(・へ・Wink
[Good Grief]
[Image: 97819708d97865b197847ca64c3dea4f.jpg]

僕は...分からない。

本当に分からない、けど…もし僕は違う、あなたが教えて欲しいですそして、どうぞ。

私はより良いすることが必要。(~_~)

より良い人間。('ω')ノ

Spoiler:

This next one is in our local dialect of English and is essentially a song about a local form of Dance and Music, portrayed by those in the pic you will see, here on my island, and I'll link a video at the end, for anyone who cares to listen to it in real time.

I don't really expect this to make sense to anyone else, but it was more a patriotic sort of thing LoL

De Bie
[The Guy/Boy]
[Image: 145733.jpg]

Bie ya de talk ah de tahn, and ya mash up de grahn, ay nah cool dahn de pace, 'fore ya buss' up de place!

Ya see you! Is dat how ya go carry on?
ya ackin' like ya not got style, ya de don!

De Don Doppa, ah de dons, ga'dem all scorn, ga'dem feelin' like dem lots dogs ah de pond!
Ay buh ya wicked, de wickedest ding ya got, better dan de sun ya hot up ya hot Wink

Style and press all out on de road, not got a curr ya mind in de mode.

Ready for Mas and de Carnival, bie show dem dat wa got it all Big Grin

Standard English
Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a relatively simplified example of what Gombeys are and how they sound, but it's really more complex and hard to explain, so unless asked, I probably won't go into really deep detail LoL

omg, this is sooo interesting! the first one is portuguese if i'm not mistaken? x

Sylph Wrote:Como Amaneciste ...How you wake up

Original: How you wake up

What you said: Como amaneciste

What it should read: Cómo amaneces.

Original: Yes, I watch you when you dream.And even though it seems strange, I only want to be as close to you as I can.

What you said: Sí, yo te miro cuando tú sueñas. Y aunque se parece extraña, solamente quiero a ser al próximo de ti como yo puedo.

What it should read: Sí, te miro cuando sueñas. Y aunque parece extraño, sólo quiero estar tan cerca de ti como pueda

Original: During the Day, the people are very hard to put up with. You suffer and suffer and suffer by the hands of those who want pain for you.

What you said: Durando el día, las personas están muy duro a soportar. Te sufres y sufres y sufres por los manos de aquellos que quieren el dolor por ti

What it should read: Durante el día, es muy difícil soportar a las personas. Sufres y sufres y sufres a manos de aquellos que quieren dolor para ti.

Original: They cannot see you how I do. And I can't stand it anymore.

What you said: No pueden verte como yo puedo. Y ya no puedo más.

What it should read: Good one!

Original: When I watch you sleeping, laying down in bed, you are at peace. And I am happy.

What you said: Cuando yo te miro durmiendo, acostado en la cama, eres al paz. Y soy feliz.

What it should read: Cuando te miro durmiendo, acostado en la cama, estás en paz. Y soy feliz

Original: Then, there is a moment when your face makes an expression of pain.

What you said: Entonce, hay un momento cuando tu cara se hacer una expresión de dolor.

What it should read: Entonces, hay un momento cuando tu cara hace una expresión de dolor

Original: "What thing bothers you?" I ask myself.

What you said: "¿Qué Vaina se molestarte?" Pregunto yo mismo.

(Seriously? Caribbean slang? That's a small part of the Spanish speaking world. You should use Standard, hun, its exists for a reason)

What it should read: "¿Qué cosa te molesta?" Me pregunto.

Original: And as if nothing happened, you wake, and your eyes seem fine. You tell me you are fine.

What you said: Y como si nada se pasó, te amanece, y tus ojos parece bien. Me dices que estás bien.

What it should read: Y como si nada ha pasado, despiertas, y tus ojos parecen estar bien. Me dices que estás bien.

Original: But I can see you trying not to fall.

What you said: Pero yo puedo verte intentando no cair.

What it should read: Pero puedo verte intentando no caer.

Original: In this way is How you Wake Up, all the time

What you said: En ésta manera tá como amaneciste, todo el tiempo...

What it should read: En esta forma es como amaneces, todo el tiempo.

This claim that you speak Spanish is.....bold. You're not there yet.

Your mistakes go beyond simple grammar. Simple translation errors like choosing "por" or "para" wrongly, make you change the entire meaning of the sentence. This is not something small.

Other than that: Tenses are often messed up, you have a tendency to try and translate every single word which leads to error sometimes.

The lesser mistakes are mainly in orthography, much more forgivable and rather unimportant in speech.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote:Original: How you wake up

What you said: Como amaneciste

What it should read: Cómo amaneces.

Original: Yes, I watch you when you dream.And even though it seems strange, I only want to be as close to you as I can.

What you said: Sí, yo te miro cuando tú sueñas. Y aunque se parece extraña, solamente quiero a ser al próximo de ti como yo puedo.

What it should read: Sí, te miro cuando sueñas. Y aunque parece extraño, sólo quiero estar tan cerca de ti como pueda

Original: During the Day, the people are very hard to put up with. You suffer and suffer and suffer by the hands of those who want pain for you.

What you said: Durando el día, las personas están muy duro a soportar. Te sufres y sufres y sufres por los manos de aquellos que quieren el dolor por ti

What it should read: Durante el día, es muy difícil soportar a las personas. Sufres y sufres y sufres a manos de aquellos que quieren dolor para ti.

Original: They cannot see you how I do. And I can't stand it anymore.

What you said: No pueden verte como yo puedo. Y ya no puedo más.

What it should read: Good one!

Original: When I watch you sleeping, laying down in bed, you are at peace. And I am happy.

What you said: Cuando yo te miro durmiendo, acostado en la cama, eres al paz. Y soy feliz.

What it should read: Cuando te miro durmiendo, acostado en la cama, estás en paz. Y soy feliz

Original: Then, there is a moment when your face makes an expression of pain.

What you said: Entonce, hay un momento cuando tu cara se hacer una expresión de dolor.

What it should read: Entonces, hay un momento cuando tu cara hace una expresión de dolor

Original: "What thing bothers you?" I ask myself.

What you said: "¿Qué Vaina se molestarte?" Pregunto yo mismo.

(Seriously? Caribbean slang? That's a small part of the Spanish speaking world. You should use Standard, hun, its exists for a reason)

What it should read: "¿Qué cosa te molesta?" Me pregunto.

Original: And as if nothing happened, you wake, and your eyes seem fine. You tell me you are fine.

What you said: Y como si nada se pasó, te amanece, y tus ojos parece bien. Me dices que estás bien.

What it should read: Y como si nada ha pasado, despiertas, y tus ojos parecen estar bien. Me dices que estás bien.

Original: But I can see you trying not to fall.

What you said: Pero yo puedo verte intentando no cair.

What it should read: Pero puedo verte intentando no caer.

Original: In this way is How you Wake Up, all the time

What you said: En ésta manera tá como amaneciste, todo el tiempo...

What it should read: En esta forma es como amaneces, todo el tiempo.

This claim that you speak Spanish is.....bold. You're not there yet.

Your mistakes go beyond simple grammar. Simple translation errors like choosing "por" or "para" wrongly, make you change the entire meaning of the sentence. This is not something small.

Other than that: Tenses are often messed up, you have a tendency to try and translate every single word which leads to error sometimes.

The lesser mistakes are mainly in orthography, much more forgivable and rather unimportant in speech.

Thanks boo Wink . But far be it from me to claim to Speak Spanish. I mean yes I do, but not in the sense of how you interpreted it, i.e - no not natively/grammatically accurate.

I said as much already, tho this for me, is just a way to practice and exercise what vocabulary and syntax I have retained, and if later on I notice errors or if you or another native speaker graciously picks out errors, then I can make a mental note of where and how I made those errors and fix them.

Tho bitch, that Spanish "Por vs Para" conundrum, will forever be my bane, I swear x.x

The problem could possibly stem from the way I've learned to use them in Portuguese, which is different at times.

However, keep them error checks coming hun! You know I love when you correct me, cause it helps me learn Sheep

One of these damn days tho, I'll impress ya with some grammatically perfect Spanish Shakin

thawoods Wrote:omg, this is sooo interesting! the first one is portuguese if i'm not mistaken? x

Yes yes dear! Sheep

Tho don't mind the frilly wording and regional oddities, I love to use Brazilian nouns and slang, but I grew up learning Azorean Portuguese from people I'd talk to in passing and from kids in my year.

So I frequently "mash" the two up where they might "fit".

"O Cara" being slang in Brazil, but "Lhe" being 'You' here, in addition to "Tu", unlike in Brazil, where Você is used more commonly.

Tu sabes o idioma?

i can recognize very well the similarities between languages descended from Latin because I used to live in a city that speaks Spanish-creole and my mother's side of the family speaks this language, the side of the family which I am very close to. x

That's so nice! I mostly got into Spanish through a friend from Dominican Republic (Hence my Caribbean Spanish Slang x.x) and they speak a sort of Creole down there; but it's awesome that you could accurately identify what language it was so easily LoL

Most people assume it's Spanish, tho it issss pretty close in a lot of ways...

'Tou feliz que lhe gosta o meu poema ThaWoods e espero que vai gosta qualquer mais que vou faço no Português Sheep