Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Synaesthesia"
Hey guys please take a few minutes to listen to a remix I have produced recently.

"Synaesthesia" is a classic Trance tune from the 90's by The Thrillseekers...

And this is my.......variation Big Grin

Thank you for listening guys Big Grin

I like it Rikki, but I am a trance person, have you listened to any of Kimball Collins work? Please continue your musical venture as I believe it is your gift, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Interesting.

I'll admit, I'm not very experienced with Techno/Electronic music, as I'm very much an Acoustic music lover. I dislike Auto-tune and don't really write music for Synths or other electronic instruments. Sometimes Keyboard.

But I will say, it sounds pretty good :biggrin: . I've been doing music for going on 19 years now and that sounds better than any Techno/Electronic music I've tried Rofl .

What did you use to make that? Garage Band? or maybe did you compose it and use Sibelius as the programme?

I don't have a mac, so I can't use Garage Band, but I use Sibelius alot :biggrin: .

It's definitely a Variation Wink But good job. Was this your first try?

From the 90's - God that is soooo 20th century!

Sounds good to me. I like that sci-fi/spacy kind of sound that synthesizers can make.

Back when I was in high school they brought one to the band/music class and everyone was pretty much in awe of it. The person who brought it predicted that the keyboard/synth would be as common in households as pianos.

No one believed it then. Synths were something that only studios could really afford.

I love it! I use FL Studio, and it's really very effective. I think what you could improve in the track is the equalization. Maybe use a limiter before the final output. The strings parts are a little too soft for me, maybe you can change banks to sharper strings, because it throws off the lovely bite of the piano.

warmpixels Wrote:I love it! I use FL Studio, and it's really very effective. I think what you could improve in the track is the equalization. Maybe use a limiter before the final output. The strings parts are a little too soft for me, maybe you can change banks to sharper strings, because it throws off the lovely bite of the piano.

:eek: Another Musician?

Now I can finally start talking about Music and not confuse people Biglaugh

I've never heard of FL Studio... I'm pretty stuck in my ways in regards to Sibelius. My Strings teacher showed me how to use it in my GCSE Composition & Theory class, first year and i've been using it ever since ... :biggrin:

You guys could probably teach me a thing or two in regards to electronic music... If it can't be played without electricity [besides Guitar and Keyboard], then I don't find interest in it. Blame my strings teacher... she always said "Acoustic is better" . Rolleyes

I'm not too big on the original track honestly. That kind of music more often than not leaves me a bit cold. I liked your version much better, pared back and spacey, letting the arrangement breathe. I dig the stuttering tag too.

FL Studio is really useful for recording, sampling, sequencing parts, mixing tracks, programming beats, etc., but as far as I know it doesn't have any scoring/notation tools like Sibelius does.

Acoustic is better? That is a restrictive theory within the ever expanding creative field of music! Go on youtube and search for something along the lines of "armin van buuren orchestra" ... Armin produces electronic trance music and the employed an orchestra to perform his tracks. Mind blowing. ....music is organised sound. Why should we limit ourselves to tradition simplly because we do not understand something new?

Thanks guys!

@ warnpixels - I use FruityLoops/FL Studio. Thank you for the constructive critique. I am still getting my head around final mixdown processing including limiting and compression. I did use a limiter though. To be honest I like the strings soft and think the piano would be better not so bitey. But I'll try it both ways Smile I'd actually appreciate chatting with you regarding production techniques etc Smile especially since you use FL too. Be good to hear your stuff Smile

@ QueenOdi - first time what... Remixing that tune? No. This is my 2nd attempt. Doing any remix? No, I have done others that can be seen on my YouTube. Making music? No, I have an album on iTunes, which can be sampled on my YouTube Smile

Rikki

Thank you very much miles Smile in FL the Piano Roll is the notation part. Presented in a different way.

Its a real shame people see ellectronic music as something seperate as if it cannot be incorporated when so many artists combine it with other genres including jazz, classical, rock and so on. And with great success. Search for BT the god of electronic music who is a classically trained pianist and incorporates classical and more into elctronic. Or Hybrid who have produced classical breakbeat music. Explore and adventure if you want to expand, don't stick to stereoyptyped ungrounded assumptions. Especially when its other peoples ideas who have scared you off of explloring. What your teacher said is her preference, take it on board but make your own judgements, Smile