Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Synaesthesia"
Rikki Wrote:Acoustic is better? That is a restrictive theory within the ever expanding creative field of music! Go on youtube and search for something along the lines of "armin van buuren orchestra" ... Armin produces electronic trance music and the employed an orchestra to perform his tracks. Mind blowing. ....music is organised sound. Why should we limit ourselves to tradition simplly because we do not understand something new?

@ QueenOdi - first time what... Remixing that tune? No. This is my 2nd attempt. Doing any remix? No, I have done others that can be seen on my YouTube. Making music? No, I have an album on iTunes, which can be sampled on my YouTube Smile

Its a real shame people see ellectronic music as something seperate as if it cannot be incorporated when so many artists combine it with other genres including jazz, classical, rock and so on. And with great success. Search for BT the god of electronic music who is a classically trained pianist and incorporates classical and more into elctronic. Or Hybrid who have produced classical breakbeat music. Explore and adventure if you want to expand, don't stick to stereoyptyped ungrounded assumptions. Especially when its other peoples ideas who have scared you off of explloring. What your teacher said is her preference, take it on board but make your own judgements,

Rikki

Tehe, yeah, my Teacher isn't really into the electronic spectrum of music, so I guess I kinda got that from her.

I don't mind listening to it and actually like it sometimes, but I don't think I'll be writing music for it.

Playing Acoustic Chordophones[Viola/Cello/Harp] for so long, Electric instruments are not something I have much experience in. I can play the Grand Piano, so therefore the Keyboard, but that's it.

I have a friend who's very talented in Music Technology, remixing and adding/moving sounds and beats and what not, but that's just not my forte'[no pun intended Biglaugh ] within music.

My Forte' actually is Music Theory and Composition, playing Strings is a close second :biggrin: .
~

Wow you made an Album on iTunes? I probably would, although I'd need a Mac... and I'd need someone to play with me, cause I'm much better in a duo/group :biggrin: .

I actually wanted to start a Quartet/group so that we could be like OneRepublic or something , but no one really takes their instruments/music as serious as I do ,except for a few of my friends - One Cellist, A Flautist & A Pianist - Which I guess is enough , but they're also still in highschool so...

... I'm gonna go look at your music on Youtube :tongue:

It can be hard to find other people as serious as yourself but do NOT give up. In fact...advertise? Newpapers, magazines, YouTube even.

Composing electronically is still composing, just from a different angle. There is no ONE way to do things Smile and it still requires theory...about how to construct sound from scratch and manipulate it in different ways. Big Grin Both my way and your way are so much fun.

My YouTube Smile

and here is an example of the Trance orchestra of Armin van Buuren...

Enjoy Smile
Can we hear yours?

I think we should be trying to combine music Big Grin

i can give a listners point of view mate , i know very little bout remixing,,,,, the first one i could have and prob have danced to in a fasion in a club many times, your mix is so much different that if i had it i would play it on headphones coming down from the club expierience, more chill out time really - i like the strings the level you have them, although i different mix where they are louder could change all that, u never know till u hear it

Rikki Wrote:It can be hard to find other people as serious as yourself but do NOT give up. In fact...advertise? Newpapers, magazines, YouTube even.

Composing electronically is still composing, just from a different angle. There is no ONE way to do things Smile and it still requires theory...about how to construct sound from scratch and manipulate it in different ways. Big Grin Both my way and your way are so much fun.

My YouTube Smile

and here is an example of the Trance orchestra of Armin van Buuren...

Enjoy Smile
Can we hear yours?

I agree, I just feel more "in my element" when writing old-fashioned music Biglaugh . And well, on this small island, not many people play seriously and if they do, it's only ever Keyboards or Steelpans or Drums... Which is fine, but we can't have just basically percussion all the time, can we? :tongue:

I actually don't have anything recorded of myself... as I'm not trained to be a solo performer [unless I'm playing classical music]... plus the irritating fact that I'm a perfectionist in regards to music, makes it impossible for me to like anything I do Biglaugh . But I might have some notated scores, of which I can probably make into a midi-format for audio listening Confusedmile: .

Rikki Wrote:I think we should be trying to combine music Big Grin

Is that an offer mister? Biglaugh I have no clue how to do all that, technology is not my friend Disoriented except for iOS :biggrin: .

QueenOdi Wrote:I agree, I just feel more "in my element" when writing old-fashioned music Biglaugh . And well, on this small island, not many people play seriously and if they do, it's only ever Keyboards or Steelpans or Drums... Which is fine, but we can't have just basically percussion all the time, can we? :tongue:

I actually don't have anything recorded of myself... as I'm not trained to be a solo performer [unless I'm playing classical music]... plus the irritating fact that I'm a perfectionist in regards to music, makes it impossible for me to like anything I do Biglaugh . But I might have some notated scores, of which I can probably make into a midi-format for audio listening Confusedmile: .

Is that an offer mister? Biglaugh I have no clue how to do all that, technology is not my friend Disoriented except for iOS :biggrin: .

Well actually I meant people in general but I'd sure love to give it ago. I am trying to expand what I do. It may be a long shot but I want to reach it, try recording yourself playing something and upload it and send it to me. I'll do the rest. I love violin and would love to incorporate it into my stuff Big Grin

Perfectionism is good but let that PROGRESS your creations, not stop them. Let it make you want to do better, not give up.

Why not just have you playing violin with someone else playing drums? The minimalist approach. You never know what you could bring to the table if you do not try. And it is absolutely right that you have your element, your comfort zone. I am simply saying expand it. Write something beautiful the way you normally do, and then write a line in to the piece for some sparse, ambient drums. Smile

Having said that... who am I to tell anyone what to do? These are just suggestions based on my methods and preferences. You may be happy as you are Smile

matty7 Wrote:i can give a listners point of view mate , i know very little bout remixing,,,,, the first one i could have and prob have danced to in a fasion in a club many times, your mix is so much different that if i had it i would play it on headphones coming down from the club expierience, more chill out time really - i like the strings the level you have them, although i different mix where they are louder could change all that, u never know till u hear it

I want both the views of listeners AND "audio experts" - either way, everyone is an expert on how they perceive something Big Grin My remix is certainly suited to the way you describe mate and thank you for sharing your preference for it. I will try different variations on the strings. Big Grin

Deep Rikki, Deep Disoriented lol.

Well, most people assume, when I whip out Albertha, that she's a Violin, but she's actually a Viola Biglaugh .

I don't play Violin. I probably could, but I don't Biglaugh .

I get that alllll the time when I'm walking around with Albertha on my back; "Is that a Violin?" "Oh! You play Violin" and I just smile Confusedmile: . I love explaining that she's a Viola and what the differences are between Violin and Viola and all that.

I've done it so much, it's I can probably say it while sleeping.

You don't find many Violist out and about, so not many people know what a Viola is...

Anyway. Rolleyes

If I'm to record myself, I need to dig up my bloody Snowflake Biglaugh . It's somewhere in my closet...

although last night, I slapped together a little arrangement of Final Fantasy's VII Main theme for the piano :0 . But I can't seem to get it on here.

I want to embed it... but it's not working and I don't want to make it a youtube video... takes too much effort Biglaugh ,

[Image: FinalFantasyVIIMainTheme-Intro-png-1.png]

It's not so much arranged by me... I just took the original music and tweaked it abit. :redface:

Hi Rikki, thanks for sharing this.

I'm no expert in audio/mixing but I thought I'd have a listen anyway as I sometimes like to listen to ambient trance myself. I enjoy music that can tap into my creativity and give me ideas, or expand existing ones, especially for writing.

I thought your variation had an atmospheric fluidity to it which appealed to me. There was a small segment towards the end, around the 6 minute mark, that interrupted the flow for me, I thought it was my internet connection so I went back and played it and realized it was deliberate, but the piece was coming to a natural conclusion by that point anyway and it didn't detract from the whole ( not a criticism by the way, I like your work ) Cool

Thank you for your critique Bookworm!

A couple of people have pointed out the fluidity, which is something I was worried people would say that opposite about, so I am pleased to receive positive views on that.

Hehe I like doing that in my music for people who are not familiar with such techniques. Or just simply making listeners jump Tongue one of my friends said "I liked it right up until it broke" haha. I then explained the Granulisation technique Big Grin so that is what it is.

If you like ambient music that flows and leaves you to your thoughts, PM me and I can link you to my album which is intended for that. Smile

QueenOdi Wrote:Deep Rikki, Deep Disoriented lol.

Well, most people assume, when I whip out Albertha, that she's a Violin, but she's actually a Viola Biglaugh .

I don't play Violin. I probably could, but I don't Biglaugh .

I get that alllll the time when I'm walking around with Albertha on my back; "Is that a Violin?" "Oh! You play Violin" and I just smile Confusedmile: . I love explaining that she's a Viola and what the differences are between Violin and Viola and all that.

I've done it so much, it's I can probably say it while sleeping.

You don't find many Violist out and about, so not many people know what a Viola is...

Anyway. Rolleyes

If I'm to record myself, I need to dig up my bloody Snowflake Biglaugh . It's somewhere in my closet...

although last night, I slapped together a little arrangement of Final Fantasy's VII Main theme for the piano :0 . But I can't seem to get it on here.

I want to embed it... but it's not working and I don't want to make it a youtube video... takes too much effort Biglaugh ,

[Image: FinalFantasyVIIMainTheme-Intro-png-1.png]

It's not so much arranged by me... I just took the original music and tweaked it abit. :redface:

Um...just make a quick video with one still image from FF or something Big Grin then upload it. Smile

I get what you mean about explaining - I love explaining the techniques I use Big Grin it is fun. So explain to me the difference please?