• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Synaesthesia"
Okay... I'll try Disoriented .

Well; get ready first Biglaugh .

The Violin has E - A - D - G [highest to lowest]

The Viola has A - D - G - C [highest to lowest]

... The End... Biglaugh

Lol, you'd be lucky.

Basically, the Viola is a larger, deeper version of the Violin. It carries both characteristics of a Violin and a Cello, note-wise, but it resembles a Violin, just larger.

The Violin has what I mentioned above, and the Cello has A - D - G - C [highest to lowest] , but a whole octave lower than the Viola.

The Viola's A & D strings match the Violin's A & D strings, tit for tat, but just deeper. Depends on the size of the Viola really, but usually a step lower.

The G & C strings match the Cello's G & C Strings, but like I said, an Octave higher. Also, their A & D strings also match, but again, an Octave higher.

It's mainly used as the "Middle child" or Middle voice of the String family, filling in the Harmonies.

It's the one of the only instruments to primarily use the Alto Clef, although can use the Treble Clef for higher registers.

It has a more nasal quality, kind of like the Human voice some people say, although some say the Cello is more like our voice.

Unlike the violin, it isn't made in fractional sizes, and it's smallest recommended size is 4/4[14inches] which is the size of a normal sized Violin. So Violas tend to be much larger.

Think of it as a Baby Cello, as some call it.

The Violin and Cello had a baby, and that's the Viola.

Not much difference really, without going into too much detail, probably unecessarily so.

:biggrin:

There's a lot more, specific differences, such as bow size, bow hold, fingering and positioning, but I'll leave you with the general stuff Biglaugh .

Got ya Smile

So now for your performance? Smile