Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synesthesia...?
There are many kinds of synesthesia. I have it with letters/numbers and colors. It can help me remember certain things, but I also might confuse certain things, for example: "What's that word I was thinking of...? I know it started with a green letter!" Which for me, could be C, G, L, P, Q, T, or V. Luckily they vary in shade, in order from lightest to darkest: L, C, P+Q+V (all roughly the same), G, and T. But I still file through all the words starting with those letters, where if I just remembered the letter itself that would waste less time.

Miles Wrote:There are many kinds of synesthesia. I have it with letters/numbers and colors. It can help me remember certain things, but I also might confuse certain things, for example: "What's that word I was thinking of...? I know it started with a green letter!" Which for me, could be C, G, L, P, Q, T, or V. Luckily they vary in shade, in order from lightest to darkest: L, C, P+Q+V (all roughly the same), G, and T. But I still file through all the words starting with those letters, where if I just remembered the letter itself that would waste less time.

I do that too lol I also have different shades for things, like 6 is emerald, 9 is dark pea-green, 7 is light pea-green, and 3 is lime. I have no idea why it's so specific lol but I do have to say that math was always fun for me in school. It was literally pretty.

Yeah this stuff gets pretty specific, and it's been consistent for as long as I can remember. I wonder why specific graphemes develop specific color associations and why they might differ from one synesthete to the next. Fascinating stuff

Letters:

A - light blue
B - pink
C - light green
D - kind of a dark muted violet
E - A deep cerulean blue
F - slightly fuller violet than D, closer to purple maybe
G - forest green, maybe slightly teal
H - light orange
I - white
J - sorta magenta
K - pink
L - light green
M - burnt orange
N - even darker-burnt orange
O - black
P - green
Q - green
R - yellow
S - red
T - dark forest green, slight teal
U - muted dark violet, probably the darkest letter besides plain ol' black O
V - green
W - yellow
X - this one is funny, it's not as consistent as the others. Either dark purple/fuchsia or black.
Y - light blue
Z - also forest green, forgot to mention this one above. My alphabet's pretty green I guess.

Numbers:

0 - black
1 - white
2 - navy blue
3 - yellow
4 - light blue
5 - red
6 - black, maybe slight tinge of blue or violet
7 - green
8 - light-to-medium orange
9 - white

That's pretty cool. I might remember a lot more if I could associate like that. I'm an idiot when it comes to numbers (they all confuse the shit outta me) and my memory sucks except for obscure things here and there.
So lost in your addiction
The solemn comfort of your grave
If you close your eyes the light can't take it away

Reach back behind your pride
And pull the thorn from the burning pain in your side

Demon Hunter - Not I

Nope im reading this all in black you weirdos Wink

I don't think I exactly have this, but I am more "artistically" brained than numbers brained. That might be Left vs Right hemisphere stuff? I can't stand looking at a black and white spread sheet. I always color code stuff by departments, and other various categories so I can tell you a lot about what's going on from a distance just by the colors used in the cells. I see shapes and colors better than words and numbers.