Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE LESSON (Nobody Wants to Learn)

It really isn't all that difficult.
NBFD.

It's just a matter of paying attention.
To what you pay attention to and how you pay attention to it.

> > > < < <

[SIZE="2"]Come on now, kids...
Sing along with uncle Mike.
Seriously! Put on your headphones...
AND TURN'NM THE FUCK UP!!!!

Ok. Now, sing along ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="SlateGray"]We were talking about the space between us all
And the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion
Never glimpse the truth, then it's far too late, when they pass away
We were talking about the love we all could share
When we find it, to try our best to hold it there with our love
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew[/size][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"][size="5"]Try to realise it's all within yourself
No one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
And life flows on within you and without you[/size][/COLOR]

[size="6"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]We were talking about the love that's gone so cold
And the people who gain the world and lose their soul
They don't know, they can't see, are you one of them?
[/COLOR][/size]
[size="7"][COLOR="Plum"]When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find
Peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Stop being a self-involved selfish bastard, looking around and paying attention.

Gotcha
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

wait.... what?

morgan Wrote:wait.... what?
Yeah, right?

Insertnamehere Wrote:Stop being a self-involved selfish bastard, looking around and paying attention.

Gotcha
It's like, we're so focused on our own little selfs, our problems, what we don't have that we want and all that, we MISS what we DO have, in abundance. And, strangely enough, letting yourself have what you want BEGINS with valuing what you have already. The sun rises every damn morning. So few notice. Or, even if they do, they take it for granted. So what, I'm a little tiny being on a planet circling a star inside an ocean of stars that's spinning on the edge of eternity. So fucking what?

:eek:

Cry

MikeW Wrote:It's like, we're so focused on our own little selfs, our problems, what we don't have that we want and all that, we MISS what we DO have, in abundance. And, strangely enough, letting yourself have what you want BEGINS with valuing what you have already. The sun rises every damn morning. So few notice. Or, even if they do, they take it for granted. So what, I'm a little tiny being on a planet circling a star inside an ocean of stars that's spinning on the edge of eternity. So fucking what?

:eek:

Cry

Naturally you are correct. Very few people internalize it enough to realize this particular failing as a part of their own lives. And even then most of those have yet to do something about it (I identify myself within this last lot).

It's funny I once wrote a post about a thought I've had for long as to why this guy right here, at least, has become selfish. And I maybe mistaken but it was one of yours that kick started the resurgence of that thought.

You bring me odd and disturbing feelings.....mostly because you force me, directly or indirectly, to think about things I don't want to, although I'm sure, these are exactly the things I need to think about.

My sin is indifference and having become desensitized and dettached. They go hand in had with my selfishness.

I recently found a need, almost a compulsion to become frivolous too.

So...hey...this is me taking blame to be one of these people you describe.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

This almost sparked a shroom flashback in me. :redface:

We are all connected weather we like it or not, I support those that are important to me as well as two foster kids that I didn't know much about other than they needed my love, stay safe, always care, jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

I have an idea about how things work. When you contemplate on life, you start to realise that you are merely just an observer. and if you observe long enough, you can see everything for what it truly is. that is when you can truly be in touch with everyone and everything. But it's very hard to observe because there so many distractions in life, like trying to feed yourself, live, have fun. And they all distract you from observing.... distract you from the truth. When you stop observing, and paying attention. It feels like you have control, it feels like you can make changes in your life, it feels like the world evolves around you and it does. that feeling can make you feel good or bad about everything, but either way, it is addictive. and I guess that's why we just live life instead of trying to observe.

Too many distractions, emotions, needs, wants, desires, lust all sorts of things. We are observers and most aren't grateful enough to just be alive, let along be so privileged to have been born in wealthier countries to be able to lead this sort of life. If you're not going hungry or never have gone hungry you have had it made. Plenty of people a hungry in this world and it really shouldn't be happening. We're too caught up with crap like taking selfies and Facebook to take notice of the world around us.

It why I say we're a bunch of strange, illogical creatures. There's also a quote that the person in the office next to me had on their door, "Man is the only thing that refuses to be itself." Not sure if it relates, I've never been good with meanings from literature, poetry or riddles... Just doesn't really sink in, but it is very difficult for some to let go of their emotions and just see.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!