Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take on corporations....
Hello,
Now we all bloody hate corporations.. Big fat cats scamming any form of money they can get out of us... How many people here drive??? How many have breakdown cover?? Well Aunty Zeon drives... I drive a nice china blue Peugeot 206 LOOK and recently i got a lovely letter from the staff at AA about my renewal quote for breakdown... Usually in one year it is £60.00 ($120 or there about) and this letter requested £124.60 ($249.20)... I was told that breaking down five times in two years is excessive.. According to the letter... I wasnt happy and decided to take matters into my own hands...

Last night after some thought i decided to do my own reasearch so i scoured the AA website and read through the FAQ sections and came accross "Will i receive call out charges?" Answer "Yes if you break down more than five times in one membership year"..

Well this morning i contacted the AA directly via any one of 50 million numbers on their website (which funnily enough all give the same lady voice "welcome to AA so we can help you faster please select one of the following options"... After worming my way through the AA virtual maze i spoke with a operator and explained that i received a renewal quote for £124.60.. I explained its usually £60 for the entire year.. I told her that the letter says ive broken down five times in two years but the website states 5 times in one year which in my opinion is conflict of interest... I was told there was an error on the system and that there was incorrect information somewhere and i asked what they are going to do about it? I reminded her that a contract in writing can work two ways and the company that she is representing is in breach of contract at this very time and if they fail to refund my charge as i am expecting I shall be taking my print screen of their website along with my letter and my renewal letter to trading standards and contacting watch dog direct and not annoymous just so you can see whos put a serious fraud complaint in and taking legal action against your company as this is now a breach of trust...

After some debate how i explained that in my job i cannot give a car a parking ticket for not buying one if the sign has a picture of a motorbike on it whereas they cannot give me a call out charge for 2 years if the T&C state one year... I was put on hold and spoke to a member of management and told them exactly as it is and repeated the whole scenario whereby they then told me it would take upto 21 working days to refund my money directly back into my bank account..

Well i have typed this post as a way of logging the exact date being the 14/04/2012 at 09.20hours and i know if i am not paid my money by 5th May 2012 exactly 21 days after the intitial call out I will then contact them again to find out where my money is and if it isnt in my bank i will advise them that they shall receive a late penalty as set out in their contract which will be reversed on them for failure to meet their own deadlines...

Aunty doesnt wait for money... If a corporation wants to impose a penalty make sure when it comes to a refund its given back within agreed time as the phone call was an agreed contract of when the money will be refunded and is being recorded (their end) and therefore aunty will come out on top....

Now which corporation can i phone up next???? I love causing more work for em

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon x

I could start a serious RANT here but I don't have the HOURS it would require.

In a nutshell: I'm changing my lifestyle and part of the motivation is to "cash out" of The System in defiant protest.

I'm SICK of the BANKS, the INSURANCE companies and the GOVT.

I cannot totally escape participating in their game, but I'm selling my home so that I'm no longer a wage slave to a corrupt bank (Bank of America I'm looking at YOU).

I will sell my car and thus cancel my insurance policy.

I'm moving to a BIG city in a SMALL apt, where I can rely on mass transit to get me to and from work and I'll ride a bike for everything else. I want to DOWNSIZE and live more humbly.

I am so FINISHED with this stupid suburban middle class hell. If I had the skills to live off The Grid I would probably totally drop out, but I don't have those skills. I do, however, know my limitations. And I also know when corporate thugs take advantage of me. And I've had enough.

Good luck to you. Wish me luck please.
Smile

zeon Wrote:Hello,
Now we all bloody hate corporations.. Big fat cats scamming any form of money they can get out of us... How many people here drive??? How many have breakdown cover?? Well Aunty Zeon drives... I drive a nice china blue Peugeot 206 LOOK and recently i got a lovely letter from the staff at AA about my renewal quote for breakdown... Usually in one year it is £60.00 ($120 or there about) and this letter requested £124.60 ($249.20)... I was told that breaking down five times in two years is excessive.. According to the letter... I wasnt happy and decided to take matters into my own hands...

Last night after some thought i decided to do my own reasearch so i scoured the AA website and read through the FAQ sections and came accross "Will i receive call out charges?" Answer "Yes if you break down more than five times in one membership year"..

Well this morning i contacted the AA directly via any one of 50 million numbers on their website (which funnily enough all give the same lady voice "welcome to AA so we can help you faster please select one of the following options"... After worming my way through the AA virtual maze i spoke with a operator and explained that i received a renewal quote for £124.60.. I explained its usually £60 for the entire year.. I told her that the letter says ive broken down five times in two years but the website states 5 times in one year which in my opinion is conflict of interest... I was told there was an error on the system and that there was incorrect information somewhere and i asked what they are going to do about it? I reminded her that a contract in writing can work two ways and the company that she is representing is in breach of contract at this very time and if they fail to refund my charge as i am expecting I shall be taking my print screen of their website along with my letter and my renewal letter to trading standards and contacting watch dog direct and not annoymous just so you can see whos put a serious fraud complaint in and taking legal action against your company as this is now a breach of trust...

After some debate how i explained that in my job i cannot give a car a parking ticket for not buying one if the sign has a picture of a motorbike on it whereas they cannot give me a call out charge for 2 years if the T&C state one year... I was put on hold and spoke to a member of management and told them exactly as it is and repeated the whole scenario whereby they then told me it would take upto 21 working days to refund my money directly back into my bank account..

Well i have typed this post as a way of logging the exact date being the 14/04/2012 at 09.20hours and i know if i am not paid my money by 5th May 2012 exactly 21 days after the intitial call out I will then contact them again to find out where my money is and if it isnt in my bank i will advise them that they shall receive a late penalty as set out in their contract which will be reversed on them for failure to meet their own deadlines...

Aunty doesnt wait for money... If a corporation wants to impose a penalty make sure when it comes to a refund its given back within agreed time as the phone call was an agreed contract of when the money will be refunded and is being recorded (their end) and therefore aunty will come out on top....

Now which corporation can i phone up next???? I love causing more work for em

Kindest regards

Aunty Zeon x

This is absolutely brilliant haha, you are in the right though lol, it's funny how they try to worm their way out of things and the excuses they give. I'm really glad it's worked out for you. :-)

I think the key to tackling any company is to read through the small print and question the clauses.. I find that this is the easiest way and if you know your in the right stand by your guns...

I tend to have a tendency to stay away from using plastic. I'm a cash and carry sort of fellow. We have AAA, I haven't called them in oh, four- five years - and then it was to get the nephews junk pile - er, I mean truck towed.

At the department stores when they ask 'Will this be on your visa, Mastercard or _______ (store name) card?" I put on a very sad face and ask sincerely 'You all don't accept cash anymore?'

I fluster plenty of cashiers this way....:biggrin:

My partner is the one who has the debt. If I ever cut him loose I would be debt free....:o

That reminds me of someone who was getting a runaround on either her medical bills or insurance and they kept piling on charges so eventually she got sick of it and started treating them the same way. One thing she did was copy the receipt of a payments she made that they claimed to have no record of and then bill them a ridiculous amount for filing and copying fees. They never paid it but they finally stopped running her around and trying to shake her down for more money.

LateBloomer Wrote:In a nutshell: I'm changing my lifestyle and part of the motivation is to "cash out" of The System in defiant protest.

Good luck! And it's very easy to do, IMO. Don't forget to go to thrift stores as I've seen better quality products than Walmart carries as a fraction of the price.

I think the only reason so many buy into consumerism (and thus jobism) is because of billions of dollars worth of advertising convincing people they need things they don't.

That said...

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:At the department stores when they ask 'Will this be on your visa, Mastercard or _______ (store name) card?" I put on a very sad face and ask sincerely 'You all don't accept cash anymore?'

I fluster plenty of cashiers this way....:biggrin:

My partner is the one who has the debt. If I ever cut him loose I would be debt free....:o

Exact same circumstance for me.

But the price of not using credit cards and doing so much of my biz on the gray market is that I have "insufficient credit history" which sometimes makes it difficult to find places for rent. And I've always had to live frugally, though I think my time growing up living on a farm, off the grid, and on the streets makes me content with what I managed to obtain for myself as an adult. Confusedmile:

Pix Wrote:Good luck! And it's very easy to do, IMO. Don't forget to go to thrift stores as I've seen better quality products than Walmart carries as a fraction of the price.

I think the only reason so many buy into consumerism (and thus jobism) is because of billions of dollars worth of advertising convincing people they need things they don't.

That said...

Exact same circumstance for me.

But the price of not using credit cards and doing so much of my biz on the gray market is that I have "insufficient credit history" which sometimes makes it difficult to find places for rent. And I've always had to live frugally, though I think my time growing up living on a farm, off the grid, and on the streets makes me content with what I managed to obtain for myself as an adult. Confusedmile:

Cheers sweetheart!

Smile

And yeah, I'm also a cash payer as much as I can be.

Plastic is another tool to keep us indebted and enslaved. Fucking fascists.

Man, am I in a mood tonight or WHAT?

If we all hate corporations so much, why not employ North-European -styled welfare state? Wink it works very well and contributes to overall happiness of the country's citizens. After all, Nordic countries (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland) all have the highest rate of happiness thanks to well-organized society built on solidarity. Also, the state has more power over banks and corporations, effectively prohibiting corporate dominance in society.

And oh, LateBloomer, best of luck, you valiant hero! ^__^

Uke Wrote:If we all hate corporations so much, why not employ North-European -styled welfare state? Wink it works very well and contributes to overall happiness of the country's citizens. After all, Nordic countries (Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland) all have the highest rate of happiness thanks to well-organized society built on solidarity. Also, the state has more power over banks and corporations, effectively prohibiting corporate dominance in society.

That has been my idea all along. In the US we are called progressives and liberals....

Capitalism in it's current state has an expiration date thanks to greedy corporations.

When the top 10% own 90% of the wealth and 90% own 10% there will be a revolution so I often tell my Republican friends that the "welfare" they despise is saving their ass :biggrin:

I'm super screwed, it will be years before I can even think about being debt free. I just finished college so I have student loans to pay back, I need my cell for job offers, I live at least 40 minutes from everything and there's no public transportation here, and I really really don't want to continue living with my grandmother :frown:

and I HATE car dealerships, I seriously believe they would kill a baby in a basket full of puppies. my sister bought a car that had a hand full of problems but still ran great, the dealer promised to fix the problems (don't know why she believed him) and when she went to pick it up the next day nothing was fixed and the sales person there told her it was sold as is (which they didn't tell my sis) then got an attitude with her about it. However, the part where they messed up is they didn't have any paper work at all in the windows saying it was sold "as is" or listing anything else about the car and she suedSmile

something else my grandad told me that stuck with me is if someone built a perfect car part then a company in the industry would by the patent and never produce the product, if the part never broke down then they would loose money. corporations are evil Fork_off