Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking the conversation to another level....
Lol! Flirting online is something I don't quite know how to.

No, we haven't had sex yet. I'd prefer that not to happen until 3rd or 4th time round. Or at least get to a point that I know he wants more than just a hook up.

I'm not a big fan of movie dates, until you go out for awhile as you cannot talk in a movie. Your Pool idea would be better in my opinion.

But, yeah. Invite him out and learn more about him and then you can do more coupley things together.

And flirting online is easy. It involves a lot of winky faces, lol. Wink

I have a feeling that we both don't see twinkly emoticons as a flirting factor. For me flirting is a face to face thing... wait for it... Wink Lol!

HungryEyes Wrote:...Or at least get to a point that I know he wants more than just a hook up.
haha… if he wanted "just a hook up" don't you think he'd be *gone* already! :eek:

Ooooh, @MikeW, I did enjoy reading that great response. Thanks, mate. I mean your answer in post number 4.

HungryEyes Wrote:If a guy would ask me that, I have to admit... I would find that a bit awkward. Especially on a second meet up/date. However, I guess my reply would be a sort of "one step at a time" reply.

I feel like, being that straight forward with that kind of a question could scare the other person.

That's the thing, some might be worried about too much bluntness, but if you want to move the conversation along, you've got to move onto new ground and attract him there with you, whatever you're going to cover. Someone suggested being more open about your own pursuits, dreams, hopes etc... and that's fair enough. I believe if you can keep it from becoming a total monologue, if you can remember to pepper your conversation with some questions addressed to him opening up about the same subjects... you'll probably move onto new areas of discovery.

There are also such things as your past and social background that can be discussed, and what your growing up experience has taught you, or the strengths your past and background, and studies have given you, but also the doubts they have brought you. What have some of the hurdles you've had to tackle been? How did you get over them? That might interest him and he might have similar stories to tell. If he's shy, he may be a good listener. But try not to make this all about you, because that could be the deal-breaker. Beware of that.

HungryEyes Wrote:Than once again Smile ... isn't it too much too soon inviting him for dinner a second meeting/date? Seeing as, well I at least don't know, whether we're just meeting up or dating.

No, if you want to up the ante, a meal is not too much too soon. Anyway, he can always back down or refuse. It's only a meal. At least, try to think of it as being just a meal. You'll need to know what he 'll enjoy eating and what he won't like. Is he adventurous with food? Are you? Don't serve him something that he won't like but won't feel it's ok to leave on the side of the plate. Better find out ahead of time. Also be aware of possible allergies.

HungryEyes Wrote:Any ideas on good venues/what to do that's private enough as has been mentioned here before?

I get the idea of the "in between" tactic eg. driving to/from the venue or walking to/from the venue. But is a pool/snooker-bar maybe not the right venue for a second?

Yeah, I also find my self maybe over thinking everything now Big Grin

A pool bar might be a good place if that's his thing, or if he's ready to try one if he's never been before. Be sensitive to whether he's having a good time or whether it's time to leave. So have a back-up plan, another place to go, another thing to do. Maybe give him a choice of two possible things, which will give him a bit of a lead.

Albie Wrote:I'm not a big fan of movie dates, until you go out for awhile as you cannot talk in a movie. Your Pool idea would be better in my opinion.

But, yeah. Invite him out and learn more about him and then you can do more coupley things together.

And flirting online is easy. It involves a lot of winky faces, lol. Wink
[MENTION=22474]Albie[/MENTION], are you 'flirting' with those Hungry Eyes??? :biggrin:

lol Of course [MENTION=1766]princealbertofb[/MENTION]. Maybe I wanted to go to a snooker-bar. Wink