Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking fast
One thing I really hate is people who talk a lot combined with talking fast!!

I mean com'on slow the hell down so I can understand you, its just white noise to me!

Then you sit their for like half a hour trying to hang up you've said bye at least 20 times and their just chatting away and your just falling asleep!

I don't mind the talking a lot sometimes but when thats combined with talking fast its a nightmare.Twak

What did you just say? Rolleyes

And if you add talking quietly to the list I give up and it feels like I'm in France where I live in a state of terminal confusion :confused: :redface: :confused:

marshlander Wrote:What did you just say? Rolleyes

[Image: pmsl2.gif]

Accents don't help

lloll

xxx

I cant remember the exact list but I think that Japanese and French used the most syllables in a specific amount of time being the fastest speakers... this may have been in one of my teaching books in Japan...

My sis use to speak so fast NO one in the family knew what she was saying. Guess she kinda got the hint after repeating herself million of times and slowed down...

I dont think horrible reception of cell phones help communication much Elefant

if somone was talking and them dident understand there accent.when i talked to frank and he thot it was abit hard with my acent

fjp999 Wrote:I cant remember the exact list but I think that Japanese and French used the most syllables in a specific amount of time being the fastest speakers... this may have been in one of my teaching books in Japan...

*Geek lightbulb switches on*

Well, somewhere in between turning me into the world's premier grammar nazi, my dad, whilst teaching me french and spanish, explained why people learning Spanish complain that spaniards speak too fast...

German and English speakers tend to average 120 wpm.
French is 140, which is still manageable....
Spanish a horrifying 180 words per minute. Or an extra half as fast again!!

Japanese is much more comparable to Spanish than any other european language, largely due to the fact that the vowel souds are the same. Also due to the similar speeds at which the languages are spoken...

I am officially the world's biggest nerd and will now hang my head in shame.

xxx

I have a lot to say and not much time, get used to it Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Hi cardi,
I know what you mean about people talking fast.. With me yeah i got a stutter but its all fun fun fun I have my hardest trouble trying to under stand accents anything north of leicester and im hopeless lol maybe thats due to my mild hearing problem which isnt serious just slightly deaf in one ear lol

kindest regards

zeon

fredv3b Wrote:I have a lot to say and not much time, get used to it Wink
Shame that some of us are going to miss out then Rolleyes

marshlander Wrote:Shame that some of us are going to miss out then Rolleyes

Well all you lot on GS can read my posts as quickly or slowly as you like, and have the benefit of my pearls of wisdom Wink
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.