Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Androgynous men
thawoods Wrote:I think androgynous men are women's end product of a lifelong conceived plan of emasculating males by letting them "get in touch with their feminine side." They're too much intimidated by a man's innate masculine power, so why not emasculate them a little?, and if you like Marilyn Manson for breakfast, then maybe androgynous men are for you.

You better be careful gurl;

One of these days; an "Emasculated" Androgynous man is gonna come and kick your ass Sheep

I read this comment and just shook my head. Welcome back bitch, but ya gotta seriously work on your comments that are purposefully to instigate people;

Because you dont want one of these bitches to fly to Somalia one day and string you up boo Chicken

Seriously.

thawoods Wrote:I think androgynous men are women's end product of a lifelong conceived plan of emasculating males by letting them "get in touch with their feminine side." They're too much intimidated by a man's innate masculine power, so why not emasculate them a little?, and if you like Marilyn Manson for breakfast, then maybe androgynous men are for you.

you clearly don't know what androgyny means. it is not something a guy can fabricate or just make happen. even less, some outside party (in your example that would be females) cannot create an androgynous-looking man to serve their own needs/ideals/etc. androgynous look is something a guy is born with. like he's born with gray eyes, for example. it also does not imply being emasculated in any form.

being androgynous does not mean that a man is in touch with his 'feminine' side (whatever that means). it does not imply anything outside his looks, in fact.

Marilyn Manson is a rock star and a musical genius who cultivates a certain image about his persona. it may and may not play on androgyny at times. Manson is a whole different subject on his own; he consciously treats himself as a work of art (in my opinion, what he does is ingenious, but that's irrelevant to this discussion).

i think your comment is so far removed from logical thinking (like the most of the nonsense you have posted on this site at different times) that it is not even worth it to address it. but i don't want others to get the wrong idea, so the errors in your post needed to be corrected.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:you clearly don't know what androgyny means. it is not something a guy can fabricate or just make happen. even less, some outside party (in your example that would be females) cannot create an androgynous-looking man to serve their own needs/ideals/etc. androgynous look is something a guy is born with. like he's born with gray eyes, for example. it also does not imply being emasculated in any form.

being androgynous does not mean that a man is in touch with his 'feminine' side (whatever that means). it does not imply anything outside his looks, in fact.

Thank you

I was trying hard to figure out how to say this exact thing without coming off sounding like a dick. But yeah, I think some people have a skewed understanding of exactly what being androgynous means.

It has absolutely nothing to do with how you dress or act or how you were raised/what you were taught. It's not about mannerisms. It's all about the genetics on this one.

Gideon Wrote:Thank you

I was trying hard to figure out how to say this exact thing without coming off sounding like a dick. But yeah, I think some people have a skewed understanding of exactly what being androgynous means.

It has absolutely nothing to do with how you dress or act or how you were raised/what you were taught. It's not about mannerisms. It's all about the genetics on this one.

Not necessarily;

Because for scores upon scores of "ancient" civilizations of Men and Women to a lesser extent have always sought out that "beauty" that lies innately within everyone.

Long hair, Make up/costumes, accessories

Androgyny does encapsulate Genetics, but it's never been the sole determining factor of what is or isn't Androgyny.

That's a Modern take on it.

Don't forget all the Greeks, Romans and Indians and Egyptians who often sought out Androgyny. As it is also a state of mind as well.

Even some of the costumes we wear, to some foreigners, could technically be "Androgynous".

Sylph Wrote:Don't forget all the Greeks, Romans and Indians and Egyptians who often sought out Androgyny. As it is also a state of mind as well.

Even some of the costumes we wear, to some foreigners, could technically be "Androgynous".

seeking out to be/look androgynous and being androgynous are two different things. you can dye a zebra's fur black but it's still a zebra, not a horse. likewise, a man who does not look androgynous without using some external means, still does not look androgynous no matter what he applied on himself in terms of make-up, clothing, jewelry, etc.

the latter is a practice to cultivate gender ambiguity, termed correctly, not androgyny itself. a black is a black, and nothing else.

costumes are purely a cultural thing (or a decorative) and it has nothing to do with androgyny.

during those ancient times, in the Roman empire, in Greece, in Egypt, etc there were men who looked androgynous (without having to do anything to make it happen) just like there are such men today. some guys back then, as now, looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger (nothing wrong with that), others like David Chiang. there existed these varieties all throughout history. and back then, men who looked androgynous did not necessarily advocate gender ambiguity, 'feminine' expression, or hold positions where such qualities were upheld (certain priestly positions were an example).

this has nothing to do with extracorporeal additives, clothes/jewelry/etc that one may don and -- voilà! -- become androgynous. you can't become androgynous, you either are or you are not. like you either have green eyes or you don't. sure, you can wear contact lenses to make your eyes appear green, but that is fake, and your eyes are still not green.

we already have correct definitions for men who e.g. dress up in female clothing -- it is called 'cross-dressing', or 'transvestism'. now, some androgynous men may be doing something like that (and if they do, it is separate from their androgyny), but the fact that they are androgynous does not imply that they do. nor does it mean that a man who does cross-dress, actually looks androgynous. see what i mean? there is a huge gaping difference between these things, and to confuse it with androgyny is misguided.

a guy who dresses in female clothing is more correctly called a 'transvestite', than 'androgynous'. a guy who wears make-up is more correctly said to be 'in drag' than 'androgynous'. there is absolutely no need for inference to androgyny in such cases, because androgyny exists independently of all these practices.

also, i do not agree that androgyny exists in a state of mind. it is something that applies to external appearance exclusively.

Gideon Wrote:But yeah, I think some people have a skewed understanding of exactly what being androgynous means.

exactly! it has been skewed up with all the gender-ambivalent practices out there, even though those are more correctly referred to by terms other than androgyny.

there is a distinct natural quality to some men's looks that they are born with, which is androgyny. [B]they would have it no matter what it is they wore. they would have it no matter how they behaved. they have it all naked without anything on them, just the way they are. this is what this thing comes down to. if you don't have that, without use of external items/means, then you don't have it.

it is so simple and elegant that i don't even understand what the confusion is. i'm glad to see there exist people who still understand it correctly. thank you.

Wouldn't have sex with one. But it has nothing to do with them not being a man :confused:
I'm attracted to feminine and masculine features so it would make more sense for me to be into them than not. But for some reason the middle ground just doesn't turn me on.

Honestly I think peoples problems with androgynous people just stem from that same common confusion between biological happenstance and personality. In it's cause and cure it's just like sexism really.

Though i do wonder what an androgynous person would look like if they grew a mustache.