Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarot Cards
Have any of you ever been to have a tarot reading done ? Or read tarot cards yourselves ?

Any positive/negative experiences dealing with Tarot Cards ?

The reason I ask is that it's something I've always been fascinated by, but never really delved into ... I have multiple decks of tarot cards, but I don't know how to read them really :redface:, so it's definitely just an interest for me ...

Cheers !

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

I have had a tarot reading years ago by an expert. She was fairly accurate about relationships but any predictions she made didnt happen. If someone is curious about these things i d suggest to find a reliable astrologer. You need exact date,time, year and location of birth for an accurate reading.
Most important though is to learn to be tuned with your inner self to develop your spirituality where the answers are. We are after all spiritual beings having a human experience.... The second most important thing is not to doubt what we sense, it is often real but not in a stubborn narrow or psychotic way if that makes any sense Confusedmile:

I went to see a Tarot card reader one once and paid her £50 and she just kept staring at me!!

Well after half an hour of this I got up and hit her in the face and left.

But I have to say I felt really good about it - it was a long time since I had struck a happy medium!!

Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1

I've had my cards read to me a few times. Know a couple of people that read them which is cool.

Have my own set of cards too, but that's more a sort of charm. I couldn't do a reading, as I don't understand the meanings of the cards yet.

spotysocks Wrote:I have had a tarot reading years ago by an expert. She was fairly accurate about relationships but any predictions she made didnt happen. If someone is curious about these things i d suggest to find a reliable astrologer. You need exact date,time, year and location of birth for an accurate reading.
Most important though is to learn to be tuned with your inner self to develop your spirituality where the answers are. We are after all spiritual beings having a human experience.... The second most important thing is not to doubt what we sense, it is often real but not in a stubborn narrow or psychotic way if that makes any sense Confusedmile:

Very accurate!

I believe the knowledge you provided in the above can lead to a very satisfying life.

Many astrologers will use Tarot for a visual demonstration but astrology is the basis for Tarot so an understanding of astrology is very important for tarot.

I dont have that!

I think it is of the utmost importance to find cards that are safe and good for the individual. They must also be protected and cleansed often. I am not in-tune enough not to use a book and finding a book that suited me took many years of searching. It is an amazingly positive reading of the tarot which I appreciate.

If you are lucky enough to have a loved one give you tarot cards and they suit you then you have a very powerful gift. Yoji gave me a deck of Salvador Dali tarot cards. They are more than beautiful to look at. Very large and heavy cards they are edged in gold. Their feel is of precision. Each cards design is a masterpiece worthy of a fine museum. Each card holds a story and are a very good visual demonstration.

I have read for many friends and strangers and been told I am very accurate. Some people are very difficult to read for (or their cards are) but many have a very clear story in their cards. It is a little spooky to see such clarity in a person you hardly know.

For me it is very difficult to read for myself. Nearly impossible. My goal is to have a tarot meditation room. I have a spread that uses all the cards. It is an amazing spread.

I have a lot more I can share if anyone is interested.

Fair play I'm really glad I asked the question now :biggrin: - please do tell me more about it ... I know that a deck of Tarot cards is divided up into the Major and Minor Arcana, and am I right in thinking that everybody has a card that represents them ?

I know that there are different methods of doing readings, involving different numbers of cards, and that they are for different purposes - so some can be for specific q&a sessions; others are general readings, and so on.

I would assume that a tarot deck bears similarities to a crystal insofar as once you've connected with it, it's not the kind of thing you just hawk around to your mates ... but beyond that, and knowing some of the Major Arcana cards, I'm kinda out of my depth :redface:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

P.s.

spotysocks Wrote:We are after all spiritual beings having a human experience....

What a beautiful way of putting it !!!!! Bighug xx.

Shadow Wrote:I know that a deck of Tarot cards is divided up into the Major and Minor Arcana, and am I right in thinking that everybody has a card that represents them ?

Hi Shadow,

Yes you are right about the Major and Minor. When doing a spread and a certain percentage of Major cards are chosen then another spread should be done with only the Major cards. These have been the most difficult readings for me to do but I have felt pretty good about some of them.

If you are attuned to one individual card after deep study (or some connection) then that card can be used to represent you in all readings but it is not necessary. In a traditional spread there is always a card that covers you (if you dont have an individual chosen to represent yourself the card it just laid over the space that represents you) and a card that represents you.

With my readings I have the friend either spread all the card on the table for a good mix-up or they can just shuffle and cut a few times thinking of a question - if there is one. I then ask them to concentrate on finding the card that... "covers you" I make sure that they understand the concept of the card. When they have found that card they give it to me in my palm. I remind that the friend that the direction they give the card to me is very important. Like if you are going to give a book to someone you turn the book around so they can read it properly. I then turn the card over (as if I was going to read it for them) and place it in the position for the spread.

Quote:I know that there are different methods of doing readings, involving different numbers of cards, and that they are for different purposes - so some can be for specific q&a sessions; others are general readings, and so on.

Yes, you can do a reading of one card, three cards (is a very useful one for me with a Yes/No question), and as I describe a room full of all the cards spread out in a life spread.

Quote:I would assume that a tarot deck bears similarities to a crystal insofar as once you've connected with it, it's not the kind of thing you just hawk around to your mates ... but beyond that, and knowing some of the Major Arcana cards, I'm kinda out of my depth :redface:.

Yes, correct but one should ultimately have multiple decks for different uses. Since I have used my Dali deck to read others I dont know if I could ever use them for my life spread. I would have to make sure that they are very clean. I have them protected with a cleansed crystal. Crystals are just amazing things and can be used for so many powers. I do have a really scary story about a crystal. Really wild shit!!!

One example. If I want to show my deck of Dali cards and dont have a reading in mind then the cards must be viewed in a specific way. Most people hold the cards in one direction and if the next card they look at is in reverse then they pick up that card and turn it around. NO NO NO. The whole deck has to be turned around. It has taken decades to get the cards in the order they are in and carry many peoples lives in the cards folds and it is best to keep that history.

I hope that I make myself understood. It is a lot easier in person.

I love tarot and wish I had the brain to study astrology and the cards together.
Bighug

I'd love to have a reading done - it's something I perhaps should look into Confusedmile:.

Thanks so much for the explanation babe :biggrin:.

Bighug.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Star Twister Wrote:I went to see a Tarot card reader one once and paid her £50 and she just kept staring at me!!

Well after half an hour of this I got up and hit her in the face and left.

But I have to say I felt really good about it - it was a long time since I had struck a happy medium!!

Laugh1 Laugh1 Laugh1

Laugh nice!

I've never had a professional one done... more of a 'DIY' one at home by my mum. I am not overly intrigued... My friend Tracey has had one done though and she goes back time and time again. The one she uses is deadly accurate apparently.

Therein lies the double-edged sword, as people get into that whole "ooh I really want to know, but ... I really don't :redface:" dilemma Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!