Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarot Cards
fjp999 Wrote:Lets see if I got this right?

02-11-1962 = 1975 = 22 = 4

Soul = 4 thus Emperor - Balance & authority, mind over matter, experience & knowledge. Forgiveness is admitting sins. A controlled person who relies on his own intellect. Not easily influenced. Someone who is well respected & holds a position of authority. Can have versatile abilities; important to retain inner balance.

236 = 11

Personality = 11 thus Justice - Someone has investigated the situation concerned & the decision is fair & just. Stick to your guns, dont be influenced by persuasion. You should have learned to do what you feel is best. All things being considered; the right decision has been made.

02-11-2008 = 5

Year = 5 thus Hierophant - Sense of originality. One not afraid of undertaking new ventures or exploring & has an open mind. Possibility of someone who listens to new ideas & programs. Dont be afraid to speak your mind, do what you think is best. Go ahead & have the courage of your convictions. New & refreshing vibrations coming into your life. Openmindedness & frank outlook in life.

So voice, a lot of this makes great sense to me just now... Just wondering what your analysis would be and if you could shed any further light beyond what I am feeling :biggrin: thanks :biggrin:

p.s. gathering that my next year will be the 6 thus the Lovers... can you add that to the mix?

p.p.s. So when doing a reading, I am guessing one would take these cards into consideration. And when doing a reading, such as the Celtic Cross, do you remove those cards? Do you use those three cards as one put into the position of the first card - the card that covers you?

You done good Big Grin

However I use the Marseilles Tarot and so that's puts a slightly different angle on things. You must be using a Golden Dawn derived deck or perhaps a Crowley clone?

Personality = 11 - Strength The number 11 symbolises destiny and unity. It's a critical point of your journey where you must look within yourself to confront the darkness. Strength is a pivotal mid point within the Major Arcana representing the mid-life crisis (not the one when you turn 40 btw) when you ask "who am I?" "Where am I going?" "What is my destiny?" It's about overcoming the weakness of yourself by confronting your inner demons and that which prevents your from moving forward.

Many people use the Celtic Cross differently. Personally I don't use it as it was originally devised as part of a parlour game, however you wouldn't remove these cards from the reading. Instead consider their position carefully within the layout and how they relate to either of their associated "personality" meanings. That will effect the position.

voice Wrote:No problem Smile

Soul Card = 2 - High Priestess; The feminine principle and duality. The High Priestess personifies both innocence and spirituality. That is to say your Soul is innocent in this life of malevolence the lessons learnt in previous lives by your Soul should be used to teach and educate those who are yet to learn these. Patience, understanding and hope is what your Soul has to serve in this lifetime. But it also implies the separation and isolation of the independent person.

Personality Card (if you are Greek then that is what you should use) = 4 - The Emperor; Personifies materiality and the material world. This seems to be in contrast to your Soul card which is interesting. An Emperor can be a leader who blesses and encourages rather than offer nothing than criticism, he will be a protector who understand limitation and acts wisely (read again your Soul card) or he can be a tyrant with no sense of boundaries or justice. Based on your Soul card you'd do well to heed the positive aspect of the Emperor else your Soul's journey in this life will have been for nothing.

Year Card = 6 - The Lover; Again this card seems to tie up well with the previous two so it is pertinent that you ask me about your cards. The Lover is indecisive who has a choice to make. Will you be wooed by the temptations of the flesh (that which satisfies your most material desires not necessarily just sexual)? It is an easy road to take with short term gains but not necessarily long term satisfaction. Or will you choose the more reliable, dominant choice of what could be safer and dependable? It is easy to succumb to that which offers you instant gratification for the sake of material pleasure, but the choice to take that which may not have instant appeal today (in the here and now) could offer you dependability. The decision is a hard one because both come with their cautions.

Wow! Thank you Voice, i really appreciate it. :biggrin:
The contrast between the soul card and the personality card makes a lot of sense to me... Also the year card is quite accurate.

Quote:Again this card seems to tie up well with the previous two so it is pertinent that you ask me about your cards.
Yes i d love to ask you more about it, could i message you?

spotysocks Wrote:Wow! Thank you Voice, i really appreciate it. :biggrin:
The contrast between the soul card and the personality card makes a lot of sense to me... Also the year card is quite accurate.

Yes i d love to ask you more about it, could i message you?

Of course you can Smile

voice Wrote:You done good Big Grin

thanks Cool

Quote:However I use the Marseilles Tarot and so that's puts a slightly different angle on things. You must be using a Golden Dawn derived deck or perhaps a Crowley clone?

I use a deck created by the great Salvador Dali. I believe the book that I use (and cant find now but use notes from the book for my readings) did use the Golden Dawn deck as an example.

Quote:Many people use the Celtic Cross differently. Personally I don't use it as it was originally devised as part of a parlour game, however you wouldn't remove these cards from the reading. Instead consider their position carefully within the layout and how they relate to either of their associated "personality" meanings. That will effect the position.

that is what I figured. How do you obtain the card that "Cover" you or the card that "Crosses" you? I am interested in the technique you use to have specific cards chosen for different positions. How do you use the Celtic Cross?

I do have a lot of questions that have bugged me about reading cards... if you dont mind some questions...

and if you dont mind commenting on my next year card which is the Lovers (6) and my soul (Emperor), personality (Justice) and this years card (Hierophant) Really appreciate your time Bow

ohohoh, my best friend wants me to do a reading for her. I have not felt up to doing a reading for nearly half a decade. I am starting to feel "together" enough to bring the cards out again. She is currently in another state so her reading would be done long distance. Are there any ways to get a better reading? She is hand writing the questions. One question on a separate piece of paper and mailing them out.

I have had some success with distant readings but no where near the satisfaction with live readings.

Should she be on the phone with me or in some sort of communication such as skype, LOL.

thank you again, kind sir

or if anyone else would like to chime in on any of the above...

:redface: I'm just reading and learning - I don't feel I have anything really insightful to say, as you guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of me :redface: Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Shadow Wrote::redface: I'm just reading and learning - I don't feel I have anything really insightful to say, as you guys are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of me :redface: Confusedmile:.

xx

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Not only do I think you are learning by leaps and bounds but are rather intuitive with all this and are further than you may believe.

Dont you agree, cant you feel it?

Obviously if you are missing anything since it is way ahead of you then you better ask away Twak , LOL.