Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tarot Cards
Smurlos Wrote:Laugh nice!

I've never had a professional one done... more of a 'DIY' one at home by my mum. I am not overly intrigued... My friend Tracey has had one done though and she goes back time and time again. The one she uses is deadly accurate apparently.

I just don't know whether I believe in it all

I have friends who have had it done and some them say yes it's all good and some of them say no it's pants

I think I may have to go and see for myself

Just be careful what you ask about - my advice would be to go for a general reading rather than asking something specific ... unless of course it's a question you genuinely want an answer to - even if the answer you get to a specific question isn't a straight yes/no, odds are it'll make you think ...

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

To be honest i dont trust Tarot cards much, when an astrologer uses them something doesnt click but that is just me. On the other hand there are these people with a special ability to read what most cant see, the mediums or clairvoyants. Edgar Cayce was one.
They dont need to use anything i believe but if sometimes use tarots i think is for us to see where the information comes from but actually use other methods to get information that some others might laugh about. I stop laughing at them though when one came to me very kindly and friendly gave me a message or two that trigger other things, all positive. Was great help and i needed it at that point.

However know how to read planets, how they move around you is in my view a sort of science although today you will only need a computer program and maybe a book to do that.
You will find this useful to start with. If any of you use it let me know how you find it: Astrology Software from World of Wisdom - all about astrology

Whilst I accept that many feel differently, I don't feel drawn to the mystical. I suppose if the circumstance ever occurred that someone offered me a reading I might take them up on it out of curiosity as to what they might say, but I am a born again sceptic.

Living in The Fens there are many people with Romani blood round here. One elderly lady crosses my path from time to time. She always begins her chat-up with, "Would you buy off a true Gypsy?" I've bought some lace and bits of "lucky" coloured glass or sprigs of heather if I have some money and she always launches into her fortune-telling speech. She really shouldn't because she is so bad at it. In truth I don't want the heather, beads or lace. I pay her for her skill as an entertainer and storyteller. She has never got anything right that she has decided about me and her predictions contain more u-turns than a Gordon Brown policy. I might smile, but I never laugh at her. How could I when she has such twinkle in her eye Wink

marshlander Wrote:Living in The Fens there are many people with Romani blood round here. One elderly lady crosses my path from time to time. She always begins her chat-up with, "Would you buy off a true Gypsy?" I've bought some lace and bits of "lucky" coloured glass or sprigs of heather if I have some money and she always launches into her fortune-telling speech. She really shouldn't because she is so bad at it. In truth I don't want the heather, beads or lace. I pay her for her skill as an entertainer and storyteller. She has never got anything right that she has decided about me and her predictions contain more u-turns than a Gordon Brown policy. I might smile, but I never laugh at her. How could I when she has such twinkle in her eye Wink

That is such a funny story. Thanks for sharing.

I dont know how much I should say because this didnt happen to me but to an old girlfriend. Her parents are from India. Anita has had some mysterious health issues so she went to an astrologer. He told her about an "accident" we had twenty + years ago and that is what has been haunting her health.

There is NO WAY this astrologer could have ever known about our accident.

The very interesting thing about astrologers in India is that they are considered holy men. This means that they dont really do it for the money but to help people. If you are able to donate money fine, if not that is fine also.

marshlander Wrote:Whilst I accept that many feel differently, I don't feel drawn to the mystical. I suppose if the circumstance ever occurred that someone offered me a reading I might take them up on it out of curiosity as to what they might say, but I am a born again sceptic.

Living in The Fens there are many people with Romani blood round here. One elderly lady crosses my path from time to time. She always begins her chat-up with, "Would you buy off a true Gypsy?" I've bought some lace and bits of "lucky" coloured glass or sprigs of heather if I have some money and she always launches into her fortune-telling speech. She really shouldn't because she is so bad at it. In truth I don't want the heather, beads or lace. I pay her for her skill as an entertainer and storyteller. She has never got anything right that she has decided about me and her predictions contain more u-turns than a Gordon Brown policy. I might smile, but I never laugh at her. How could I when she has such twinkle in her eye Wink

I think your friend from school was much more accurate... but things have been made RIGHT again, I think, Wink Herz

fjp999 Wrote:That is such a funny story. Thanks for sharing.

I dont know how much I should say because this didnt happen to me but to an old girlfriend. Her parents are from India. Anita has had some mysterious health issues so she went to an astrologer. He told her about an "accident" we had twenty + years ago and that is what has been haunting her health.

There is NO WAY this astrologer could have ever known about our accident.

The very interesting thing about astrologers in India is that they are considered holy men. This means that they dont really do it for the money but to help people. If you are able to donate money fine, if not that is fine also.

I think most real psychics feel that way about the money thing.

*returns from out of nowhere* whoa... what happened.... think I dozed off and I'm in some alien world that somehow resembles a forum I used to visit.... Wink

I'm a tarrot reader myself, and (as far as people have told me) I've been completely accurate every time :tongue: not to brag, but... apparently I'm very good at reading tarrot.

Uhm... if you're looking to learn, I highly suggest getting the Rider Tarrot Deck which comes with a booklet explaining the meanings. From what I hear, Rider is the most accurate, more reliable deck out there :biggrin:

How interesting to find fellow readers on here. Guess most of what i have to say has already been said.

Shame.

Guessing, then, that fjp is a devotee of reversals?? It's odd, becuase when i was given my first deck i was told in no uncertain terms NOT to use them with it. The reason being that all the meanings are contained within the card anyway, and reversing the image would distort the wisdom of it. With my other decks there is no issue but with this i have always heeded the advice and always have a clearer understanding with this deck than with any other.

Suppose i'm asking for any thoughts there??

No had tariot cards, but I did see a gypsy who told me I'd find a beautiful GIRL.

Girl? no thx.