Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taste of My Own Medicine?
Aw, gee!

How often do the batteries on your phone run down? Mine do a lot.
I bid NO Trump!

Setting boundaries... something I need to do myself. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jennifer-t...42248.html

Well doesn't run down a lot but constantly goes off throughout the day lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

axle2152 Wrote:Seems that there should be some kind of balance between being madly in love with someone and keeping their distance. The most annoying thing I have come to know is the insecurity...the "Why are you being so distant?" or "Are you OK?" While I'm at work or visiting family, etc.

Now that I've probably made myself sound like a hypocrite and a jackass. I have been very patient and have been pointing these things out to him to be helpful...I don't know that it would solve anything...

people can tell when another person is emotionally withdrawing/distant. he's probably asking that because you are emotionally distant with him.

and ''are you doing OK?'' type of inquiries are hardly symptomatic of insecurity.

if you feel emotionally suffocated just tell him you want some space. it's an honest request. if you have no interest in him it's cruel to further string him along in the hopes you might feel more comfortable with him or become more interested in him after some time.

if you don't want to cut your losses, then you have nothing to complain about. you can't have your cake and eat it too, i think is how it's said.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Oh, Meridannight, you are so practical!
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:Oh, Meridannight, you are so practical!

it's an illusion; i'm just good at making it look like i'm so practical. in real life i have a more emotional component that doesn't necessarily follow what's practical or rational. and that emotional component often dominates any practicality or rationality i have.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Well that's a relief. Had me scared there for a while.
I bid NO Trump!

You are learning, Axle. That's what you can save from all of these situations. You're gaining in experience and that has its value. Take it like that.

I think your line of thought to deal with this particular situation seems prudent.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Yes, I think would be quite cruel for someone to string them along... I mean I wouldn't date someone for 2 months and go on half a dozen dates to decide on whether or not I like them enough to pursue something more... I'm getting a sense of deja vu.

We have been on 2 dates, 3rd one is planned this weekend... I do think a talk is a good idea and I am at times a bit reclusive... Very much introverted so once I have had my fill of social interaction I want time to myself.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!