Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tattoo?
Ok, I want to get a tattoo. I don't know, I always felt like getting one.

I want to get one on my ribs. A phrase that goes from mid-chest height all the way under my waistline. BUT my father says I can't get one while we're still sharing the same roof. I asked him why, and he said he thinks it's ugly. It's my body, I'm the one that should like it. I'm not underage and I'm paying for it.

What is your opinion on them?

I have a few and I want some more in the future. I think the next
one I plan on getting is an orchid flower/plant on my shoulder/arm, it's
a bit femenine, but idgaf, lol

I like to get mines when I reach a milestone of some sort, the ones
I have, have a lot of meaning to me.

As for your issue, well he's you're dad and you're still living at home, so it's
best to give it some time till he turns around or you move out or something.
It'll give you time to actually think your tattoo through and if you really want
this on your body.

..best of luck~

I have three tattoos, all on my upper arms.

Not sure what your endurance for pain is. I didn't find my tats painful, but the arms are not the most sensitive area. Ribs are very different.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I have one tattoo and I'm getting another one drawn up. My personal take on tattoos is that they should be something meaningful. Something that will be on your body permanently should be a something close and personal to your own life, or else you will probably regret it later on.

I don't think they're ugly either way, though. Tattoos are just a form of art. Of course, all art is open to criticism, but that doesn't make it art any less. Tattoos can be very beautiful, and are entirely subject to an individual's own tastes.

As far as your dad goes, there's really nothing to be done about it. You're right that you are living under his rules while he houses you. Whenever you can move out, you won't have to worry about that anymore. That's just a part of life.

If you want to go through the pain, then go for it. I have heard from every person I have ever asked about tat's, that have tat's themselves...........they all say if you get a tat on skin that's next to bone, you HAVE to be careful. If the ink artist doesnt know what he's doing, he can get the needle stuck in your bone, and that can cause problems.

Just realize though, that it costs about $5,000 to have a large tattoo removed to where it doesnt leave a scar on your skin. So be sure its something you want to die with.