Techno
Corona - The Rhythm of the Night

Eurodance from 1993.

LOVE euphoric trance but i can't post links yet Cry

gatecrasher wet is my favourite album.
Moogwai - Viola (original mix)
The agenda - Heaven (Lange remix)
Lustral - Everytime (DJ peanuts)
The Generator - Where are you now (Moonman remix)

Shame i sold my cd decks but my neighbours weren't to happy about the noise lol

Snow Wrote:anyone like techno?
from Hard style to trance i love it alll

Yep! not just like LOL love the stuff!

:p

Robg Wrote:LOVE euphoric trance but i can't post links yet Cry

gatecrasher wet is my favourite album.
Moogwai - Viola (original mix)
The agenda - Heaven (Lange remix)
Lustral - Everytime (DJ peanuts)
The Generator - Where are you now (Moonman remix)

Shame i sold my cd decks but my neighbours weren't to happy about the noise lol

If your taste in music was a person, I'd sleep with it. But I'd just be sleeping with my own Big Grin

I love trance so much that I have to have AS MANY mixes as possible of the tunes!

I possess...

5 mixes of Saltwater by Chicane featuring Maire Brennan Of Clannad
5 mixes of Synaesthesia by The Thrillseekers
4 mixes of Everytime by Lustral
4 mixes of 9pm 'til I Come by ATB
4 mixes of Silence by Delerium featuring Sarah McLachlan
4 mixes of Café del Mar by Energy 52
4 mixes of Am I On Your Mind? by Oxygen featuring Andrea Britton
4 mixes of Nothing But You by Paul van Dyk featuring Hemstock & Jennings
4 mixes of Seven Cities by Solar Stone
3 mixes of Red Sun Rising by Lost Witness
3 mixes of Better Off Alone by DJ Jurgen presents Alice Deejay
3 mixes of Take Me Away by 4 Strings
3 mixes of The Age Of Love by The Age Of Love
3 mixes of Seven Days & One Week by BBE
3 mixes of I Feel Love by CRW
3 mixes of Don't Give Up by Chicance featuring Bryan Adams
3 mixes of Gamemaster by Lost Tribe

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

There is a Mix album that is quite rare now and a few years old but it was and remains the best mix album I ever heard. 'American Gigolo' by Tiga. I just love the atmosphere of it, the way it builds, has a bit of a dark tone but an agressive hard techno beat also. I just love that version of 'You prefer cocaine' and often have it blaring out with the woofer on full much to the annoyance of my neighbours.

But I have not really found a mix album as good since. Anotehr one I love is Radioactiveman's fabic mix. The trouble with dance music is that when dance artists make an album, generally tehy are not that good, and sometimes a rubbish tune can be transformed by remix so it takes a great dj to bring together individual tunes.

So I am in need of a mix album that has alternative tunes and builds an atmosphear with them rather than a ministry of sound comp that just has whatever crap is popular.

Last time I went to a club it was Electro-House and Indie Dance. I quite liked that.

lonly_loser Wrote:The trouble with dance music is that when dance artists make an album, generally tehy are not that good

That is a bit of a generalisation. There is world of good Dance/Electronic music/producers out there. You just need to look. The problem is, people only look for what is right in front of them...the obvious stuff, such as Ministry of Sound, which once upon a time were superb...but they sold out to Cascada etc.

Depends which genre you are looking at since Electronic is so vast. Experimental stuff that is more for home listening? Or banging club tunes? Or relaxing ambient stuff?

Techno is cool, I don't listen to it that much. However, this song is one of my favorite techno songs ever:

rsconceptions Wrote:That is a bit of a generalisation. There is world of good Dance/Electronic music/producers out there. You just need to look. The problem is, people only look for what is right in front of them...the obvious stuff, such as Ministry of Sound, which once upon a time were superb...but they sold out to Cascada etc.

Depends which genre you are looking at since Electronic is so vast. Experimental stuff that is more for home listening? Or banging club tunes? Or relaxing ambient stuff?

I like it all, and I have a few diffrent things. But I was talking more about dance as in thump thump thump, well dance music. I have some great synthy stuff, indie-electronic stuff, ambient ect but in terms of actual club music albums tend to be s*** which is where mix albums should come in, but on the whole they do not anymore. In terms of albums I think Vitalic and The Hacker are the only real dance ones I have found lately that stand up. Mix albums I havent heard anything for years that impressed me and I kinda stopped looking a few years ago when electro-house and indie-dance were the rage and i tried desperately to find an amazing mix album there and failed.

If a mix album is not done right it ends up being just endless mindless thump thump thump for 40 mins and get on your nerves, these days they tend to only be good for backround noise when you have people round. The ones by Tiga and Radioactiveman had depth and charicter and atmosphere and they built and devloped.