Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teenage Times
It is funny Thinking back a few years how they change you

I am just writing this for the laugh and it is on my mind,
How when i was 16-19 how stupid i was when it came to basically everything in life,
wish i could go back and slap myself silly for all the fools i met up with Etc,

I would never wanna be that age again i tell ya hahaha Dogrun

Tell me about it.

You think you know everything, but you know nothing. Hell, its extremely difficult for me to be embarrassed about ANYTHING, but when I remember some of the crap I did and said when I was a teen....OMG, I want to hide in a dark cave and never come out again.

Although if I could go back in time and keep the knowledge I have now, I certainly would do it all over, but with a hard purpose in life....not to just be a pissy, stupid teen, wasting his life away.

Hahahha im the exact same as you there, i dont embarrassed easily either, but thinking back to what a fool i was , defiantly just wanna hide in a dark place hahaha

And yeah i prob would go back to with the knowledge i have now , but then those stupid things after a good while finally make you who u are now so i guess it has to be done hahaha

I had a horrible life, i would never re-live that time.
The only thing that I save are some people/friends.

I joined the RN at 15. I didn't have time to be a teenager and grew up very quick. I'd do it all again, for sure.

TomStatic Wrote:... Thinking back a few years how they change you ...
even as a older man i "feel" as the same person. I guess the way i could explain it where many people and things have pass through me i still love myself the same way.

I had a rough life at that age. But, I also had some of the most fun times at this age.

Perhaps I'm just a slow learner, but as another older man I can think of things I did as little as two years ago that I'd do differently now because I've learned stuff in the meantime.

The benefit of hindsight makes loads of things look wrong or could have been done differently, if it doesn't then you've probably died and not noticed or at least stopped learning things.

Experience seems only to tell me that I'm wrong most of the time but don't realise it until later. That means I'm quite probably wrong about this too.

pellaz Wrote:even as a older man i "feel" as the same person. I guess the way i could explain it where many people and things have pass through me i still love myself the same way.

I still feel like Im in my early 20's myself. Although I am older, my spirit is still young.
Sometimes I wonder if this is why Michael Jackson never grew up?

cardiganwearer Wrote:Perhaps I'm just a slow learner, but as another older man I can think of things I did as little as two years ago that I'd do differently now because I've learned stuff in the meantime.

The benefit of hindsight makes loads of things look wrong or could have been done differently, if it doesn't then you've probably died and not noticed or at least stopped learning things.

Experience seems only to tell me that I'm wrong most of the time but don't realise it until later. That means I'm quite probably wrong about this too.

I think thats a staple of every day life!!! LOL