Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tel Aviv Schools
Aaycle Wrote:... Marshlander, you too?! Another bewildered soul that is lost by my ignorance! You too must make me aware as to which religion is widely practiced in Tel Aviv. If the Muslims are the minority, are the remaining, Christians, Atheists... what?

Are you few bashing on me for asking, or for talking too much, lol?
Well, I assumed that Jews are in the majority - and having just checked the figures in "Population by District, Sub-District and Religion" (PDF). Statistical Abstract of Israel 2007. Israel CBS. 2007. Statistical Abstract of Israel 2007 - No. 58 Subject 2 - Table No. 6 I can confirm that the Tel Aviv District population is 93 percent Jewish, 1 percent Muslim, and 1 percent Christian. The remaining 5 percent are not classified by religion.

No one is "bashing on you for asking". One can never ask too many questions. More problems are caused when not enough questions are asked.

Just found this, it appears that Israel has a good lead on supporting gay teens in the community. This extract below was taken from the IGY website.

The Israel Gay Youth organization was established in 2002, as part of the Israeli national GLBT association, that, in order to provide social support net to LGBT and questioning teens. Since then, the organization grew and is now operating about 40 different programs, in more than 25 cities and local authorities. In addition, IGY operates different leadership and outreach programs, designed to empower our teens, and train them to be the future leaders of not only the gay community, but the entire Israeli society

If anybody is interested the website is About Us | איגי which should be the English page.