Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me Why Do You Love Yourself and What Makes You Special
What makes me love myself?

Well, I think the thing that makes me love myself the most is the fact that I don't do things just to fit other people's expectations or to fit in.

Whether it comes to politics, to music, to art, to literature, or to philosophy . . . I am my own person, and I don't let popularity, fashion, or ideology rule my tastes or perspectives. That has often made me a bit of an outcast and/or unpopular, but I figure the people that want me to develop my thoughts and tastes around contemporary convention are not the type of people I want to surround myself with.

That is why I love me.

What I love most about myself: I'm a textbook example of the "Nice Guy". I try to help others with their problems, whatever they may be. This has led to many examples of ppl abusing my good nature, which I'm now a bit watchful for.

I'm an Optimist: Although the world is in a bad place right now, I can see shifts and changes "In The Wind" That make me think the future will get better.

I cannot hold onto hate. It's against my nature to hate someone for more then a day after the last time I see them.

A very positive thread, Jay. Thanks for this. Maybe we often forget what we have in us that makes us love US and makes others like us too.... Confusedmile:

Well, when I'm not depressed I love my sense of humor, both of my parents had a great sense of humor. I love my balding head :biggrin: I started loosing my hair at 17 so when my friends began freaking out about their receding hairlines I thought it was hilarious.

I love how I refuse to be part of the "in crowd", even throughout grade school I had a few "popular" friends I hung out with but then I would hangout with the jocks, nerds, and outcasts. I was kind of a loaner/drifter, and I loved the time I spent by myself.

I love my love for music, I'll listen to almost anything. the look on my friends faces is priceless when we're listening to my ipod and the next song is classical music or blues.

and finally, I love how stubborn I am. I love it when someone tells me I can't do something. I started off my first year of college with a 1.8 GPA, now I'll be graduating this spring with a 3.4. I had tons of people (including teachers and family) tell me I'll end up dropping out after my first year.

what I hate about myself, my depression, I was always smiling when I was younger. my temper has also shortened. and I hate how awe-full of a speller I am, you would think someone who likes to read and about to receive a bachelors would know how to spell Sad and my short term memory his horrible aannnnnnnnd Rolleyes I'm dyslexic. I think that's it.

Great thread Jay...thanks!

I love that I know who I am. I love that I feel at home inside my body and mind and I worked hard to get here.

I love that I understand that there are positive and negative aspects to just about everything and I am not afraid to embrace either as it ultimately frees and balances me.

I love that I am brave on the inside..I think I love my inner strength the most because I can count on it. I love my relationship with God.

I love that I think for myself and I love my individuality. I love that I dont' let anyone else define me (or define my relationship with God...or define God for meWink).

I love that I trust my feelings and I love that I am true to myself.

I love my honesty in my relationship with myself and others who I have intimate relationships with.

I love my conscience and I love my ability to understand other people and situations and put myself in someone else shoes and experience things through their eyes. I also love that I know when to ignore someone else because they will harm my psyche and/or spirit.

I love that I am respectful of "space"...my own and other people's.

I love my ability to make lemonade out of lemons....being positive is so much more interesting and rewarding. I love that I kick my ass when I find myself indulging in self pity.

I could go on...I really do like who I am today. I earned it...I started out in life completely hating myself due to the circumstances I had.

i really dont know how to even answer the question...sad

Have nothing good I can say on myself so rather than list negatives I'm gonna remain silent.
just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading this thread with so many positive replies Smile

Well for me I was given up for adoption when I was 5 and it became apparent that my adoptive parents where abuse towards me as well. As I was growing up I lived on the rez but I was a half breed to say the least so If I was not being picked on but on race I was being picked on by the other I soon learned how to embrace both cultures and found that it made me special and I started to take pride in my heritage and have been able to do good things as well.

With my adoptive parents being abusive I learned that I was a strong willed person and I could survive anything they dished out, so strong that the courts finally removed me from there care, at which time my adoptive mother said she never wanted a son in the first place, which her wish was granted by the courts as well.

I also spent time with a foster family in which they proceeded to tell me that I would not get a college degree well I proved them wrong as well.

I also spent majority of my life denying who I was up until a year ago. Now I how I can find my true love if he has not already slipped past me in the years gone by.

Things I love about myself are that I'm a caring person that would do or give the shirt off my back for someone else, I like the romantic that is in me.

red06sc Wrote:i really dont know how to even answer the question...sad

Okay I'll make one for you, Red. You're a cute looking guy. Extra bonus for having that innocent eyes.

Please don't feel sad, Red. Thumbs up.

72jay Wrote: Have nothing good I can say on myself so rather than list negatives I'm gonna remain silent.
just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading this thread with so many positive replies Smile

Jay, you sound like a down to earth guy and that's always a good thing in my book.

And for standing up to your principle in looking for true love, that's something I can admire and salute for.

Sometimes its better to be quiet then say a word. I don't got any to say and don't wish either to bring negative energy in here, But indeed its a good thread although Smile
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.