Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me Why Do You Love Yourself and What Makes You Special
Nick9 Wrote:I guess I should have come yesteday. Yesterday was a great day. Today there is nothing positive or lovable about me. One completely innocent text from my partner and I feel like throwing myself from the bridge. I hate how weak I apparently am. I thought the depressive days were over. I really need to find some distraction, the only bridge around is above the highway. Just kidding, Bowyn Aerrow has taught me a lesson. I just feel sick from panic and saddness. *sigh*

Nick, it's not just about yesterday, today and tomorrow. It's about lifetime. I'm sure there is something lovable and positive about yourself that you see throughout the years.

One big hug for Nick. I hope things will get better you.

Thanks Jay, I guess I shamelessly came for a pat on my shoulder *sigh*

Over the years I've realized that even though I always say I don't give a damn what people think, I do. I always want other people, even strangers to feel good around me and to approve what I do. I guess it might be a good thing sometimes, but it's stressful. To tell the truth, lately, I've started trying to learn to care about myself, to love and to spoil myself. It's a new thing and it brings doubts and thoughts about selfishness...

I love myself ( to be perfectly honest) because I let myself
Believe it or not this simple solution is the hardest thing in the world to do.

Nick9 Wrote:Thanks Jay, I guess I shamelessly came for a pat on my shoulder *sigh*

Over the years I've realized that even though I always say I don't give a damn what people think, I do. I always want other people, even strangers to feel good around me and to approve what I do. I guess it might be a good thing sometimes, but it's stressful. To tell the truth, lately, I've started trying to learn to care about myself, to love and to spoil myself. It's a new thing and it brings doubts and thoughts about selfishness...

Nick, there's nothing wrong to seek for a pat. I would gladly give you another one plus a big warm hug if you need it more.

I would like to post more. But it's 2.59 am. I just finished my work and have to go my office at 10 am later. I'm just going to leave a wisdom quote from Sydney Smith for everyone.

Quote:Try to make at least one person happy every day, and then in ten years you may have made three thousand, six hundred and fifty persons happy, or brightened a small town by your contribution to the fund of general enjoyment.

- Sydney Smith

Jay Bighug thank you.

hello,
Well if its my turn...

Despite having such a horrible childhood i suffered alot with low esteem levels and felt that it was destroying my life around my 20th year of life and figured enougyh was enough... I was fed up feeling down and depressed over things that were out of my control and i met a friend who was a buddist who helped me overcome my issues... He told me of a teaching which states that all the time life is allowed to do what is happenning around you you have to accept it if not willing to change it because only you can change the outlook on your life. I felt slightly offended by this and decided to give it a chance and see whats wrong in my life and how to make it right... One of my biggest things is my debt issues... Thousands in debt and fed up with it ive slowly got it down despite not being out of it im not as bad as i was before..
I am seeing my life achieve something and for this i am proud of what ive done... eight years ago what ive got now i could only dream of... A mortgage, a loving boyfriend, my own car (03 plated), My dogs and cats, A fulltime Job, my own furniture which is paid for and not in the limbo of catalogue companies with worrying letters of repossession... I am proud that I fight for my right... I fight to be me and be free and face anything head on... Life is a crap game as I understood but there comes a point in peoples lives where we stop willowing in the shit we create and actually do something about it... It may sound blunt and cruel but there is a saying....

"Its cruel to be kind" Dont billy bullshit yourself i often learnt just grab it by the horns and run with the wind in the direction your life is going taking every hurdle that occurs
##
Kindest regards

zeon x

Creativity and kindness. That's about it.

I love myself so much.

I am intelligent, smart, witty, humorous. Im proud of myself to have survived all the suffering due to depression all these years. I take care of my health, eat healthy and exercise daily. i congratulate myself to have lost weight and get the physique that i always wanted for myself.
What i dont like abt myself is my fragile mind that is not wired properly. I hate when my mind thinks what i dont want to. I hate that i have to take AD to keep myself 4m being unhappy and sad.
I love all the rest of myself..

i guess i love my mind , i always am relaxed, stuff never stresses me out ever,
and i get told alot about my eyes been (pretty) so may as well say i love them too haha

I love myself because if I can't, who else will? I love myself because I am the only me there is and I don't want to spend my life being someone I'm not.
What makes me special is my strength. And my looks, I think I'm pretty attractive...