Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing a test .. Native speakers needed
OMG lol I feel asleep reading your title before I read the story.. oh I lied I didnt read it XD try to bring up a general topic thats easy to debate on.

Just so you don't think im rude... I didn't reply simply as I don't know how too??? :confused:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Romeoboy17 Wrote:OMG lol I feel asleep reading your title before I read the story.. oh I lied I didnt read it XD try to bring up a general topic thats easy to debate on.

Fair enough, but I think Sudanese was hoping for genuine comments. We don't have to respond in threads that don't interest us ... Wink

Romeoboy17 Wrote:OMG lol I feel asleep reading your title before I read the story.. oh I lied I didnt read it XD try to bring up a general topic thats easy to debate on.

ما أظن إنت مجبور تفتح اللنك لو البوست ما عاجبك ! خلى تقل الدم و ما تتظارف و تتخفف

marshlander Wrote:I spent about an hour on this and I'm amazed you can keep awake for it. I did the first listening test and clicked the wrong button at the end so didn't get a score, although I suspect it would be a higher one than I scored for the second test. On the second test I only got a score of 7.0, but that was mainly because by the end of section 4 I was losing the will to live and made lots of errors in that section. The descriptions of the work of the university departments were not that clear. In real life I'd have asked for clarification.

This seems to be a test for Canada, but it sounds like they are using actors mainly from New Zealand (or maybe Australia ...)?

Good luck, Sudanese! :eek:

Actually the test isn't Canadian , it's British - Australian , but for the listening section you can hear any accent of English , including non-native ones , like Indian . your scores just proves my view of this section of the test , otherwise a score of 7 is defined - according to the test website as :
Quote:Band 7: Good user: has operational command of the language, though with occasional inaccuracies, inappropriacies and misunderstandings in some situations. Generally handles complex language well and understands detailed reasoning.
i can't help imagining this :

M : Albert , me loving you too much ! let's go in a walk :biggrin:
---

thank you for trying the test .

-

sudanese Wrote:...i can't help imagining this :

M : Albert , me loving you too much ! let's go in a walk :biggrin:
---
Dream on, sweetie, it would never be said like that, save in jest Wink

Quote:thank you for trying the test .
You're welcome. Confusedmile:

I took the real test 2 weeks ago , and i got my results the other day ...

I got an overall score of 8 ( out of 9 ) , which means according to the test website :
" Band 8: Very good user: has fully operational command of the language with only occasional unsystematic inaccuracies and inappropriacies. Misunderstandings may occur in unfamiliar situations. Handles complex detailed argumentation well."
I need a score of 7.5 to be eligible to have the job i want , there are other requirements that i will have to fulfill , but the IELTS test was the most important step .

Unexpectedly , i got the full mark in listening ( 9/9 ) the part i had been worried about the most !

learning English is fun , especially when you do it on your own !

Congratulations, sudanese, delighted to hear you got the results you needed. Now if you have any spare time, maybe you had better come and teach me to speak English!

Well done!!
Xyxthumbs

sudanese Wrote:learning English is fun , especially when you do it on your own !

marshlander Wrote:Congratulations, sudanese, delighted to hear you got the results you needed. Now if you have any spare time, maybe you had better come and teach me to speak English!

Well done!!
Xyxthumbs

[COLOR="Purple"]
Clap Clap Clap Bighug CONGRATULATIONSBighug Clap Clap Clap

Of course we all knew that our genius would excel where many of us wouldnt.

I think I should be in front of marsh in that student teacher thing Bow [/COLOR]

Thank you Marshlander

Thank you Frank