Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tetris
Does anyone in the off chance play or have the old Windows Entertainment games (aka WEP or BOWEP). A long time ago I got hooked on playing this old tetris game on a friends old 486 machine (and it was obsolete 16 years ago when I first played on this computer)... They actually had some stuff that was kind of collectable... They had a working Apple IIe, a Macintosh SE from 1986 and the 486 with Windows 95... All of which was outdated but the Apple stuff kind of collectable now...

Anyway, getting off topic but curious to see if anyone has played it, share some high scores... Apparently the highest you can get is 65,536 because of something in the programming... Got to love 16-bit Windows applications. You CAN run the game on any 32-bit Windows, including Windows 10 (I don't know off hand why anyone would run 32-bit Windows 10 but it does exist) but on the later versions you have to enable the 16-bit subsystem. Or do like me and use a PC emulator so that you can emulate the old hardware. I have one set up to emulate a 486DX4 100 MHz, really anything less is just too slow with the graphics and messes with gameplay...

So...here's my high scores so far..

[Image: tetris_hs.png]

All games begin with level 6 (10 is max) and with no lines (blank at start)...
I recorded the date and the number of lines I got before the game was over... OCD maybe so...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Man, you are such a nerd. (I mean that in the cutest sense possible). Wink
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:Man, you are such a nerd. (I mean that in the cutest sense possible). Wink

What makes you say that? Frog Is it the fact I'm playing a 27 year old game...or that I have setup a virtual machine running Windows 95 to play it? lol
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:What makes you say that? Frog Is it the fact I'm playing a 27 year old game...or that I have setup a virtual machine running Windows 95 to play it? lol

Both. So, I guess that makes you a double nerd. Puppy

Super intelligent though! :-)

meridannight Wrote:Both. So, I guess that makes you a double nerd. Puppy

I suppose so, but keeps me sane. I have to do something with my free time, but here lately been going to my friends place a lot so that has been nice. Then there's my ham radio hobby, photography...vinyl records... all which aren't the most popular hobbies.

Zen Wrote:Super intelligent though! :-)

lol Thanks, I'd say average intelligence.
Check out my stuff!

InbetweenDreams Wrote:I suppose so, but keeps me sane. I have to do something with my free time, but here lately been going to my friends place a lot so that has been nice. Then there's my ham radio hobby, photography...vinyl records... all which aren't the most popular hobbies.

We all have our own hobbies and passions. They don't have to be popular, that's not a mark of any quality.

The HAM radio project is interesting. I haven't had the opportunity to keep up with it, or really properly read up on your posts regarding the topic, but I always though that was fascinating.

I really love gliding, but I haven't taken the time for it at all the past few years. It's something I love to do, and would like to be more involved in.

meridannight Wrote:I haven't had the opportunity to keep up with it, or really properly read up on your posts regarding the topic, but I always though that was fascinating.

And yet you found the time to randomly comment on Joaquín Phoenix's excessive belly fat. It turned you on as I recall. Werk!

Apparently you aren't that busy.

I'm at a loss.

NativeSon Wrote:Apparently you aren't that busy.

Never claimed I was that busy. And I ain't. Haven't taken the opportunity is more correct. You happy?