Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas requires funerals for fetuses now
Texas will now require burials for aborted fetuses:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/us/tex....html?_r=0

Maybe the Supreme Court will stop it? Oh yeah, Trump got elected, and he said he wants to appoint the next Scalia. Once Ruth Ginsberg dies like she probably will in the next 4 to 8 years, well, you get the idea.

Should we just dump them in the river? Im pro choice but they are still little people.

Will the state of Texas be paying for these funerals? As if the contemporary population wasn't already under a burden of taxes and other mandatory financial obligations.

I can't take a modern state that comes up with something like this seriously. This doesn't even make psychological sense, since the aborted stuff was never a person, didn't get to express a personality, and was viewed negatively by the parents or there would have been no abortion.

The only way to go about it is to throw a grand celebration at the funeral, something like a ball, to celebrate being rid of the thing. That might be fun.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Im not saying it should be an all out funeral but I hope you'd agree that human remains should be treated with respect.

the 'authorities' are great at passing laws that line their own pockets without benefiting anyone else.

Doc Wrote:Should we just dump them in the river? Im pro choice but they are still little people.

The law applies no matter how long it's been gestating.

They're not a human. They're a fraction of an organ here, a few lumps of skin cell there. It's an inanimate lump of goo.

To call that a human is to degrade us all to mere meat. Then to force women to bury it as though they were burying an actual living breathing feeling child..... uggh it's sick.

TigerLover Wrote:The law applies no matter how long it's been gestating.

They're not a human. They're a fraction of an organ here, a few lumps of skin cell there. It's an inanimate lump of goo.

To call that a human is to degrade us all to mere meat. Then to force women to bury it as though they were burying an actual living breathing feeling child..... uggh it's sick.

To me this thinking is a little extreme.

From conception it is a living thing, it is still life in creation.

Creating a law to ensure that all families of a miscarried or terminated pregnancy is horrific because people grieve in different ways and taking the choice away from parent(s) to grieve in a way that they feel works for them is only benefiting the recipients of 'taxes', the same people that will vote for a pay rise shortly after this law enforced.

meridannight Wrote:Will the state of Texas be paying for these funerals? As if the contemporary population wasn't already under a burden of taxes and other mandatory financial obligations.

I can't take a modern state that comes up with something like this seriously. This doesn't even make psychological sense, since the aborted stuff was never a person, didn't get to express a personality, and was viewed negatively by the parents or there would have been no abortion.

The only way to go about it is to throw a grand celebration at the funeral, something like a ball, to celebrate being rid of the thing. That might be fun.

While I disagree with such laws being enacted. Whether it is regarded as a person or not, whether they choose to hold a funeral or not I think it is sad that anyone would refer a fetus as "aborted stuff." I'm pretty sure most women who choose to have an abortion don't think of it as some lump of good or aborted stuff or that they viewed the unborn fetus as something negative, or perhaps so.

TigerLover Wrote:The law applies no matter how long it's been gestating.

On the contrary to not call it a human, a human fetus is pretty degrading don't you think?

So it wasn't fully developed, so it didn't express personality. Perhaps we should throw all mentally handicapped in the river since some of them don't express personality and are a drain on public services. Yeah I disagree with the law, should be that women's choice on whether they want to hold a funeral, if they wish or not...I would say most don't.

This is more than likely is a cash cow for all the funeral homes and everyone involved in that business... That and some morally ill MEN who pass these laws.

The other thing is if we could give a fuck less about an unborn fetus, child....lump of goo then why do we care about pets. It's a fucking dog or cat, all they do is eat sleep and shit all over the place. Oh but they bring me happiness. How is any living creature, unborn or not have any more or less value. But somehow I am morally ill thinking a human "ball of goo" is just that Rolleyes

I don't agree with the law, I don't think the government should be forcing women to do or not do things with their body or proceeding an abortion. I think some guys think women are just going abortion crazy when that is hardly the case. I do think abortion should be avoided and we have had discussions on the subject, go read it you'll know where I stand.

At any rate I think it is sick as fuck to think any form of life at any stage of development is a slab of meat and should be treated as such. To be frank, I don't thank many men, gay men especially have any idea, seems that you two have a "robotic" way of looking at life.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Separation of church and state does not fully exist. This is a law that takes away americans freedoms. They do not want people to have abortions so they do this instead. There has been no evidence that shows we are anything but meat. Meat with feelings.

JohnMusic Wrote:Separation of church and state does not fully exist. This is a law that takes away americans freedoms. They do not want people to have abortions so they do this instead. There has been no evidence that shows we are anything but meat. Meat with feelings.

The way I see it we are something extraordinary and be "we" I mean all life.

For anyone (and not aiming this at any one particular person) to have the mentality of "just scrape it out and toss it in the trash" as if we're talking about carving a pumpkin is morally ill and more so than the nut job Texas law makers who pass such laws...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!