Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay Malaysian Man's Wedding in Ireland Sparks Fury at Home, Government Action
Gay Malaysian Man's Wedding in Ireland Sparks Fury at Home, Government Action

Ariff Alfian Rosli, a Malaysian national who has been studying in Ireland for eight years, is under fire from his home country after photos were published showing his wedding to his civil partner (identified only as Jonathan) at Dublin City Hall, the Irish Times reports:

The pictures were published on the front pages of some local newspapers and have been the source of criticism from numerous political groups in Malaysia, where same-sex sexual relationships are illegal and punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

The Malaysian police have been urged by Muslim groups to investigate the issue on the basis that Mr Rosli has failed to adhere to the country’s Islamic laws. The controversy has prompted the Malaysian prime minister’s office to issue a statement pledging to investigate the matter.

An official from Malaysia’s ruling political party is reportedly due to arrive in Dublin later this week to convince Mr Rosli to return home.

For further news and photos of this news please visit the source's website - http://www.towleroad.com/2011/12/gay-mal...ction.html

Edit: Okay, I'll be lying if I don't feel hibby jibby inside my tummy. I didn't post the whole news due to the hibby jibby. Whew. So if you guys would like to read further, please visit the source. Thanks!

I hope he don´t fly back home .... but that shows again that you have to be very careful.

This Story reminds me on a saying of a from 1938 - 1945 forbidden german Author :" As stupid they are : Don´t laugh about them.... you can do all what you want but never laugh openly about them and don´t try to fight open against them on their own territory.... that makes them wild"

Yeah, I'd really be going back home. This man would be foolish to even entertain the idea of ever returning to Malaysia. One can only hope that these evil and repressive regimes will someday crumble under their own repression and hatred. I hope he doesn't fall for any trickery and return to Malaysia. Strange how people that pretend to be so holy have no problem with lying, or anything else, in order to further their true agenda, which is Sharia Law, or some version of it.

I'm sure he's smart enough to not go home. But it's a huge shame he's not allowed to just because of his marriage. I feel horrible for him and what he has to go through just because of ignorance, hate, and irrational fear.

all of these "religious groups" are only good for spreading hate which makes the world a more difficult place to live. I see a lot more good come from non-religious groups.

This is so terrible , it's like civilization has taken a giant step back into the 18th century.

Jay Wrote:Gay Malaysian Man's Wedding in Ireland Sparks Fury at Home, Government Action

The pictures were published on the front pages of some local newspapers and have been the source of criticism from numerous political groups in Malaysia, where same-sex sexual relationships are illegal and punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

OMFG! I most have skipped over this part because I didn't notice it before. you can get less time in the U.S. for rape :mad:

I do hope the Irish Republic tells Malaysia that he is partnered to an Irish Citizen and they can **** off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.