Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank You
I have my first session on the 18th. Feeling nervous about it but I just keep telling myself that it's just the next step and at last I'm moving forward instead of doing nothing and expecting things to happen.

Ant Wrote:I have my first session on the 18th. Feeling nervous about it but I just keep telling myself that it's just the next step and at last I'm moving forward instead of doing nothing and expecting things to happen.

Being nervous is only natural. Don't let it stress you. It is an unknown, but it is do-able.

Keep your chin up.

Ant Wrote:I have my first session on the 18th. Feeling nervous about it but I just keep telling myself that it's just the next step and at last I'm moving forward instead of doing nothing and expecting things to happen.

Don't be afraid to take in a journal...or a list of things that you would like to talk about....it might help break the ice and help bring some opening to the discussion.

I've had 4 sessions so far and they are really good. It has really helped me focus on me and how I'm feeling. Also looking at where I am in my life and where I want to be. Looking at the steps that I need to take to get there and the best way to approach each step, weighing up the pros and cons.

During the second session, we went through how to tackle the next stage, which for me was to come out to one of my friends. It helped, as I did tell my friend and got a really positive response back, best I could ask for. Having the sessions every 2 weeks, it kind of gives me a time scale to meet the goal that I've set myself, it gives me that extra push which helps. I want to get the most out of these sessions, so having to go back in and say that I didn't meet my goal, isn't really an option, as I know it's do-able and I need to push hard if I want my life to change.

Hopefully other people who need help will reach out, as there really is help out there that works. I'm on a journey heading towards my goal and 3 months ago I would never have imagined I would have been here now.

Ant Wrote:I've had 4 sessions so far and they are really good. It has really helped me focus on me and how I'm feeling. ....
Thanks for keeping us updated on what's going on for you! Wavey Xyxthumbs

Ant Wrote:It has really helped me focus on me and how I'm feeling.

That is wonderful.

I am very happy for you Ant!

My therapist saved my life...and the BEST PART...she gave me the tools to save my own. I use them every day...with success...all of these years later.

I think therapy is underrated. Finding the right one may be difficult...but when you do...they can tear down walls and really help you truly heal...

I never really understand why a lot of people miss this part of life. If you have a physical wound or disease...you get medical attention with no question and do whatever it takes to heal yourself. Wounds on the inside and on the psyche need to heal as well.

I am glad you have found help...

East is absolutely correct! Therapy is a gift you give yourself, and it can, if you allow it, be the first step that allows you to begin to fully understand yourself, your emotions, and your goals in life. It can truely open your own inner world and lead you to a path of self discovery that few people are lucky enough to trek.
Best of Luck,
~Beaux