Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you note for returned wallet.
So a few weeks ago I lost my wallet when I went to a friend's wedding a few hundred miles away. Then my mom called me and told me said she had gotten a call from someone about my missing wallet. They called her because her number was my emergency contact on my medical I.D. card. She told them that I had already went to the DMV and gotten a new license. So the person mailed me my wallet with this note:

"Sorry you had to wait at the DMV! That isn't fun! Here's your wallet. Smile"

[Image: picture.php?albumid=753&pictureid=6608]

So I've decided to send them a little thank you. This is the card I got, it says "Most Thougtful": (also, this pic is an uber shameless way to show off the tacky gear I bought yesterday at my city's pride event)

[Image: picture.php?albumid=753&pictureid=6607]

On the inside I wrote this:

[Image: picture.php?albumid=753&pictureid=6604]

"Hello Good Samaritan,
I'm writing this to say thank you for returning my wallet a few weeks back. It was tremendously kind. A lesser person would've kept it for him or herself and revelled in the riches they'd found. Granted, I didn't have any cash in there, but there was a Chico State I.D. card which can get you discounted lunch at the college cafeteria on Wednesdays... so thank you for avoiding any such temptation.

As a small gesture of showing my thanks I've included a little gift. I feel that the subject matters are adequately representative of our interaction: Travel and Treasure.

Thank you very, very much,
Wade"

And the little gift is an old book that includes the novels Treasure Island and Guilliver's Travels.

So what do you guys think? Is it appropriate, tacky, funny, dumb? Do you think the stupid joke I included in the card will make sense?

That's a cute idea or maybe a $15 gift card for coffee or ice cream.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

I think it's a cute idea, and a nice thing to do. So often people don't get thanked for the good deeds they do
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

What is that behind you over your right shoulder in the first picture? Looks like you're building a ship in a bottle?

LOL… I always look at what is in the background of 'selfie' pix.

that's awesome wadez!

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]Yeah Wade the person who sent it to you was a winner and you sending what you planned will give them a huge smile for being appreciated.

.... but you better be glad it wasn't ME that found it! hahahhahaha! I do wicked things with lost wallets and purses before I send them to their owners. Foreign money --- new and bizarre pictures of people no one would claim as family --- coupons from a Sunday paper --- to do lists that are sicko --- and anything else I can come up with. I did it with a ladies wallet 2 summers ago and it backfired it a bit of fanged Kharma.

She's a postal inspector, named Varla in Ohio and only had to pick up the phone to call our small town post office to find out who sent the crazyily wrapped and decorated box that contained her wallet. Good thing she has a warped sense of humor like me! She's got a vendetta for me and is still putting me on lists for free samples of feminine hygiene products, hemmorhoid supplies, fingernail polishes, flaky religious material and anything else.... We've taken it so far we send each other Xmas packages now full of crazy crap and chat on line once in a while.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I think it is cool Wade...send it!

Wade, that is really nice of you to write and give something back. That good karma will come back to you!!

Yay! I'm sending it tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

@memechose - That's a great story. I wish you did find my wallet because I would've loved to have gotten some crazy shit back.

@ MikeW - The thing on the far right sitting on top of a dresser is a lamp with a glass cover thing pointed down. Found it at a yard sale. The tall thing is an IV pole with a belt hanging from top.

Wade Wrote:Yay! I'm sending it tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

@memechose - That's a great story. I wish you did find my wallet because I would've loved to have gotten some crazy shit back.

@ MikeW - The thing on the far right sitting on top of a dresser is a lamp with a glass cover thing pointed down. Found it at a yard sale. The tall thing is an IV pole with a belt hanging from top.

Nest time you lose it let me know and I'll fix you up with a new one LOL