Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for some great advice...
So I had posted before about being upset when my BF deleted my account here and about his control issues in general. I just want to say Thank You to the people who urged us to see a therapist. We're doing that and she's awesome! I wish we had done it a long time ago. She's helping him to realize that he can be overly controlling/protective at times - and helping me to see that I often become overly defiant in response, to the extent of not doing something I want to do because he tells me to do it. We both feel comfortable with her, and I feel like she's bringing us closer. We've been together for 6 years and we feel like the therapy is helping us define and strengthen our determination to make this work.
So thanks from both of us for some great advice!

Happy for you, Adam! Sometimes it takes a neutral, outside voice like that of a therapist to see help you see your relationship more clearly.

As I said on the other thread, I sense a great compatibility between you two.

After you have done sessions for a while and think you are done with it, do consider to occasionally get a tune up now and then.

Great news! Hope you'll remain connected here at GS!! Wavey We need your support too! Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Congratulations man. I'm very happy to hear the good news. Smile

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:As I said on the other thread, I sense a great compatibility between you two.

After you have done sessions for a while and think you are done with it, do consider to occasionally get a tune up now and then.

I couldn't agree with Bowyn more. Tune ups are great ways to keep the communication open and honest. Great work!

I am very happy for the both of you and I hope you both have a much better relationship now and in the future...therapy is a great toolXyxthumbs

great news!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hi Adam!

Glad therapy is working for your relationship.
Otherwise, being new here and all, pretty much in the dark about all the drama and other stuff, m'kay...Tongue3

That sounds awesome! Maybe the husbear and I should try that.