Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ashes
VileKyle Wrote:Ah ha! Trying to turn this around on my preferred sport? Nice try! I don't like watching sports. Some are just more boring than others. Tongue3

I wasn't trying to turn anything around. Cricket can be more boring than other sports, I will grant you that. This match was quite exciting though.

Krupt Wrote:there is always reason for bad language...we are convicts aren't we.

And I understand your celebrating especially when it comes to cricket...the celebrations are so few and far between for England.

No, some of you are the descendants of people convicted, rightly or wrongly, of crimes. That doesn't make you convicts.

Come on, the England team has done pretty well recently.

Don't get upset, my post was tongue in cheek.

Spellbound Wrote:Don't get upset, my post was tongue in cheek.

Well, maybe the tongue was expected someplace else????
Rofl

Spellbound Wrote:Be quiet or I'll explain the rules to you....

That would be nice......

Even though I dont like sports, Iike to know about them.

From what Ive seen of Cricket, it looks more like a game of "tag, your'e it"!

Confusedmile:Confusedmile:

MisterTinkles Wrote:That would be nice......

Even though I dont like sports, Iike to know about them.

From what Ive seen of Cricket, it looks more like a game of "tag, your'e it"!

There are two teams of eleven each, although there's a 12th man too, and each team bats twice and each player can get out bowled or caught or lbw or run out......

Listen, I'll going to go away and get another post, and then I'm going to post a link, a long link, which will satisfy your curiosity. Back soon.

Here are the laws of cricket:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_cricket

I have tried to like Cricket, I really have.
I LOVE sports in general, but Cricket is so freaking boring, I just can't do it.

Richard

Have you tried the shorter versions, like Twenty20. They're quite exciting.

I didn't understand the game in the least but then tuned in to watch some of the Indian Premier League last year. It's kinda neat. Wouldn't mind if they showed some of the other competitions on TV here. Where I live it's pretty much only people who've moved from India/Sri Lanka/Pakistan that play it. Baseball took over as the main "bat and ball" sport on this side of the pond in the late 1800s but cricket is trying to get its foot back in the door.