Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOT for arachnophobes
This article is about the largest spiders in the world.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20160314-...nner-plate
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I've recently discovered that these exist:
[Image: 0zQ9STj.jpg]

Aka coconut crabs, the 'largest anthropods in the world'. To me they look like giant spiders with shells and I'd not like to be stuck in a room with a couple of them.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

Interesting Ian, I see what you mean but they are really not spiders

I had heard of Coconut crabs, and it is interesting to see how big they grow, but it was when I was looking into Emperor Scorpion's for info. There not poisonous, and that's when I learned the scorpion's with big pinchers aren't dangerous poison wise sense there pincers are there main defense. Tongue

No, if those things could spin webs then they'd be even more terrifying, it'd be like Shelob in Lord of the Rings.
Gossip is the Devil’s telephone; best just to hang up.

I'm sorry I couldn't read this thread fully. I'm too busy STOCKING UP ON FLAME THROWERS AND GRENADES AFTER REALIZING THINGS LIKE THESE EXIST IN THE WILD.

Cobalt Wrote:I'm sorry I couldn't read this thread fully. I'm too busy STOCKING UP ON FLAME THROWERS AND GRENADES AFTER REALIZING THINGS LIKE THESE EXIST IN THE WILD.

Why didn't you read the headline first?

I remember when i was very young i lifted a piece of flag up lol aka pavement, always lots of broken bits around where i live anyway there were so many woodlice under it that made me scream haha I can handle most animals just not things like that but i probably should get over myself lol

Big doesn't do shit to me. Big I can see and kill. That spider seems like a nice pet anyway.

Small, venomous and wicked fast, now THAT's the dangerous stuff. Plenty of such spiders around.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]