Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Christian vs gay debate (taking into account what the Bible supposedly says)
And now this:
Proof that when the mobs get going, they can behave in irrational and very dangerous ways.
I blame the media... (Can the Bible count as the media Wink ???)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-devin...31532.html

princealbertofb Wrote:And now this:
Proof that when the mobs get going, they can behave in irrational and very dangerous ways.
I blame the media... (Can the Bible count as the media Wink ???)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-devin...31532.html

I remember my own disillusionment. Like her it shook me badly. I'd believed that save for a few toxic areas the gay bashing was a minority and simply most people didn't care enough which allowed the gay bashers to appear more numerous than they were. Then the 2004 elections happened and I realized they were a majority, not a minority. And as I thought about it I kicked myself for not realizing it before. Still, I didn't believe they were only a small minority because it was a comforting belief but rather in the naive belief that most people were good that I still had back then. And even then I thought at first that such antigay amendments couldn't pass in California but after hearing enough Californians (even some of those who accepted me as a lesbian) express their support for such measures I decided that yes, it could pass in California. And once again the majority spoke in 2008 with Prop 8...but by then I lost my naivete and so wasn't shocked as I was in 2004.