Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Church of England and same sex marriage...
princealbertofb Wrote:Despite being a No No for the church for many many years and centuries, King Henry VIII paved the way in the 16th century, didn't he?

All he did was annul his marriages, certainly not a no no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Almac Wrote:Archbishop urges state not to 'dictate' over marriage

I would like to ask the archbishop for chapter and verse on why it is biblically OK to exclude 15-year-olds from marriage and not a dictat from the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"]I wonder if there will ever be a state where same sex marriage will be the norm:confused::confused::confused:
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Assuming society lasts long enough I'm sure it will. There was a time left handed people were persecuted by church and state as well and today nobody cares. But I feel overly optimistic when I think I might live to see this day.

Bit of a sticky one.
Does it matter whether its called a marriage or not.?
If one can have the same legal rights as a male female marriage then all is well.
Its the principles behind the UNION that matter.
My man and me have been together for 13 years in a monogamous relationship and are still deeply in love with each other, more so now actually.After Lust comes Love.
In our vows when we got hitched we promissed to love honour cherish etc before all others and to stay true. Well we already did that for twelve years anyway.
Yet,,,,people we know, in heterosexual relationships made the same kind of promises in similar circumstances and have very failed marriages in less than 5 years in a couple of cases.Few couples we know have lasted as long as us.
I believe relationships like ours should be held up as a testament to what marrige really is about.

This whole thing is complete and utter Bovine Scat.
All of us pay taxes so why are some of us not entitled to the same rights.
Do we pay taxes to the church or the state?
Who issues the wedding license Church or State?

"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"Matthew 22:21

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (II Tim 3:16)

Personally I would like to see the rest of the scriptures they took out, when they canonized the bible we have today, that they use as a manipulation tool.

"And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. " Rev - 19

The church needs to keep it's nose out of the states business.

Babylon the great, has far more problems to worry about.
She has blasphemed against the holy spirit , by deciding who is worthy of Gods blessing and who isn't.

(Matthew 12:31-32) - "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

"And I heard another voice from heaven saying, 'Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities'" (Revelation 18:4,5).

Sorry for the rant people.

The United Church of Canada is the largest protestant denomination in Canada and it allows congregations to perform same-sex marriages if they choose to do so. The Canadian Anglican church was also going to affirm same-sex marriage a few years back, but they backed down when they were threatened with schism by the church in England. In Quebec, we had a gay Catholic priest who was elected to Parliament and advocated for same-sex marriage as well, but he was eventually pressured to resign from politics by the Church because of his political views.

I just find the argument that marriage is a religious decision bizarre, because there are plenty of religions these days that affirm gay marriage.