Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Clothing Thread - Get yer glad rags on
Hey guys,

Thought of a new idea for a thread, its called " The Clothing Thread - Get yer glad rags on ", I thought it would be a bit of fun to share the different types of clothes us Gayspeak users have bought / wear, be it interesting styles or anything just plain cool. I also thought it could be a bit of an advice thread for Gayspeak users who don't know what to wear for maybe a job interview or for that all important date. Lets face it although gay guys are stereotypically known for being "fashion queens" this isn't always the case and some guys may need a little more help at others. I myself was one of these guys who didn't have a clue, I'd just wear joggers which were no fun at all and well they aren't flattering. I'd also like to see what users can get on a budget too because we are in a recession don't you know? And I'm sure its possible to look good on a budget

Anyways I'll get the ball rolling.

mrk2010

Well I'd have to say at the moment I'm into T-shirts with Japanese inspired designs, its something different and something I'd wear for a night out probably in the town, although not super super formal I like the addition of the bits of metal and other detailing on these shirts, its something unique and something I haven't seen on anyone else. Ringspun is a favourite brand of mine and they certainly do some unique designs. As for the black shirt there is a ton load of glitter on, it hasn't been worn yet but I have a feeling if I go out I will be covered by the end of the night.

As for the boots, they are gun metal grey and lined with blue denim, I'm a bit of a boot fiend and being flat footed I can walk better in these than normal shoes. Another favourite brand of mine GSTAR RAW again can be a bit pricey but if you shop around you can get them discounted especially from a catalogue. Please excuse The Simpsons duvet it was washing day and I didn't have anything else.

Please see attachments below. :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

mrk2010 Wrote:"fashion queens"

Did someone say... Fashion??? lol. I ran right over Xyxthumbs .

Now I'm no good at it, but I have been told I look cute in my clothes sometimes :biggrin: *blush* .

I wear whatever the heck I want, because I don't put much thought into how I look, but my Mommy says I should always match atleast Rolleyes .

I'm usually wearing some shirt that has a saying on it or a symbol on it that represents; Unity, Individuality, Peace or Music :biggrin:

like this;

[Image: juniors-bob-marley-one-love-stripes.jpg]

I've got plenty of Bob Marley shirts/ One love shirts hanging about . Probably $20 or so at the store.

I usually wear jeans, but sometimes I wear my Nike Fit Pants, cause I really love them;

[Image: NikeStormFitPants.jpg]

but mine have pretty orange on the side and at the heels. About $20 aswell, but mines actually we're given to me, so I'm not exactly sure.

And for shoes, anything White really.;

[Image: nike-super-blazer-white.jpg]

I have shoes with little flower petals on the side, but I usually wear those If I'm not going to be out long, because they attract so much attention and people either tell me how cute they look or how much of a fag I am, so yeah :tongue: .

I hate, let me repeat; HATE suits and ties and dress shoes! :mad: That's probably one of the only things you'll ever hear me say I hate!

They're too constricting, uncomfortable and stuffy and I really don't like them. I can't express myself properly in them and the fact that men have to wear them in social events/public events or performances, irks me.

I'm put instantly in a bad mood when I even think about them, let alone wear them.

... But other than that, I'm pretty much a free-spirit. I don't put too much into my appearance, but as long as I'm matching as my Mommy says, then I'm good to go.

Brush my Afro[it's an Afro now! It's so soft and curly Loveya], and away I go!

QueenOdi Wrote:.

I hate, let me repeat; HATE suits and ties and dress shoes! :mad: That's probably one of the only things you'll ever hear me say I hate!

They're too constricting, uncomfortable and stuffy and I really don't like them. I can't express myself properly in them and the fact that men have to wear them in social events/public events or performances, irks me.

I'm put instantly in a bad mood when I even think about them, let alone wear them.

LOL Odi, men in suits look gorgeous :biggrin:
But I guess in Bermuda weather a suit is not the best thing to wear...

Nick9 Wrote:LOL Odi, men in suits look gorgeous :biggrin:
But I guess in Bermuda weather a suit is not the best thing to wear...

True Nicky, they are fabulous, but I personally hate them[the suits of course :tongue:. Even as a child, I just never liked them.

It's not really so much the weather, as we have guys walking around in suits & ties, just minus the jacket/blazer. It's fairly breezy here, so it's not as hot as you may think.

I just never liked them. I've always been a flower child, I need to be able to express myself and breath and a suit just doesn't do that for me. A flower does best when it's able to be itself and be free, rather than put into a dark room and be stifled. Xyxthumbs

mrk2010 Wrote:Well I'd have to say at the moment I'm into T-shirts with Japanese inspired designs, its something different and something I'd wear for a night out probably in the town, although not super super formal I like the addition of the bits of metal and other detailing on these shirts, its something unique and something I haven't seen on anyone else. Ringspun is a favourite brand of mine and they certainly do some unique designs. As for the black shirt there is a ton load of glitter on, it hasn't been worn yet but I have a feeling if I go out I will be covered by the end of the night.

As for the boots, they are gun metal grey and lined with blue denim, I'm a bit of a boot fiend and being flat footed I can walk better in these than normal shoes. Another favourite brand of mine GSTAR RAW again can be a bit pricey but if you shop around you can get them discounted especially from a catalogue. Please excuse The Simpsons duvet it was washing day and I didn't have anything else.

Please see attachments below. :-)

The boots are lovely.

second picture i see "孫子"

yeah, it is trendy in east wear western letters and in west wear oriental letters. Rofl

why the profile picture is not displayed in my post????anyone can help?

QueenOdi Wrote:Did someone say... Fashion??? lol. I ran right over Xyxthumbs .

Now I'm no good at it, but I have been told I look cute in my clothes sometimes :biggrin: *blush* .

I wear whatever the heck I want, because I don't put much thought into how I look, but my Mommy says I should always match atleast Rolleyes .

I'm usually wearing some shirt that has a saying on it or a symbol on it that represents; Unity, Individuality, Peace or Music :biggrin:

like this;

I've got plenty of Bob Marley shirts/ One love shirts hanging about . Probably $20 or so at the store.

I usually wear jeans, but sometimes I wear my Nike Fit Pants, cause I really love them;

but mine have pretty orange on the side and at the heels. About $20 aswell, but mines actually we're given to me, so I'm not exactly sure.

I have shoes with little flower petals on the side, but I usually wear those If I'm not going to be out long, because they attract so much attention and people either tell me how cute they look or how much of a fag I am, so yeah :tongue: .

... But other than that, I'm pretty much a free-spirit. I don't put too much into my appearance, but as long as I'm matching as my Mommy says, then I'm good to go.

you are just 18 sweety. if you grow older you might like suits and ties...in special occasion

it is a post cataclysmic depression; lots of nice hi fashion stuff in the consignment shops.

Easy to buy $500 shoes for $90 and if the previous owner used a shoe horn they are in new condition. $12 Zegna or Facomnable or Burberry shirt or pants with the dry cleaners tags still on them. Brooks Brothers sport jacket $30. Be a thrifty gay.

QueenOdi Wrote:Did someone say... Fashion??? lol. I ran right over Xyxthumbs .

like this;

[Image: juniors-bob-marley-one-love-stripes.jpg]

[Image: NikeStormFitPants.jpg]

[Image: nike-super-blazer-white.jpg]

Sorry to hear that you hate men in suits I think Men look GREAT in suits.
Richard