Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dance and dancing thread
Because this Look Of Love by Diana Krall is so beautifully choreographed to this rumba routine...

These are two favorites of mine. The first is from Paul Taylor's "Promethean Fire" and the second from Alvin Ailey's "Revelations". Both are masterpieces in my estimation. I didn't post them here at first because I have posted them elsewhere on the site, but I figured finally that this is the best place for them.

can somone help me do this one plese
it is clarks i lik it about clarks shoes and jumping dancing

Here you go Joseph....

thankyou............................................

Ok,Ok, so this evening we were talking to an Egyptian young man and then we talked about Southampton, and Marshlander said to us, the last time he was there he'd gone to see Jonathan Richman, which led me to say EGYPTIAN REGGAE
so here is a funny dance to the music of Jonathan Richman, followed by two more things found on YouTube's wonderful archives: the sand tap team of
Wilson Keppel and Betty

Watch that Camel's steps!!!
Wilson Keppel and Betty

Wilson Keppel and Betty in the original 1934 sand dance

One of my friends reminded me of this particularly beautiful rendition of SWAN LAKE (Matthew Bourne's)

and especially this PAS DE DEUX

I love how the dancers just drag the men from the tables and all of a sudden they can follow the dance as if nothing had happened...

Also this rather amazing reconstitution of old reels

Available at http://www.CubaCollectibles.com Born Maria Antonieta Pons in Havana, Cuba, on June 11, 1922, she was discovered by the Mexican film producer, Juan Orol, who became her ... all » first husband. Her debut was in the made-in-Cuba film "Siboney" (1938). Soon she became a famous star participating in 53 more films until her retirement in 1965. She was one of the stars that helped to define the "rumbera films" genre. Characteristic of this genre are melodramatic stories about seductresses, fallen women and especially the musical numbers they performed in cabaret scenes. Pons was one of the stars that with her extravagant costumes and wild rumba dancing earned the nickname "Tropical Queens" and created a style that lasted into the 50s. Her second husband was Ramon Pereda who produced and directed some of her films. This is a compilation of 40 musical numbers (1942-1959) and is an homage to the memory of this great star of Spanish language films. Without a doubt this can be one of the most unique DVDs in your collection. In Spanish with English subtitles. This trailer is low resolution. Production is full resolution, stereo.
http://www.cubacollectibles.com/cuba-108-RC1.html

and Xavier Cugat's Bomshell from Brooklyn

and another amazing rumba by Michael and Joanna... I can never get tired of watching their sensuality

this one is not very artistic, but kind of funny THE NAKED GRAMPA DANCE