Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dance and dancing thread
Oh how could we have a gay thread on dancing and not have DV8 (deviate???) Dance Company... ??? :confused::eek:

They are brilliant. Look up their work.
a section of Enter Achilles Xyxthumbs

Magic Mike is all the hubbub at the moment... here's a fun street flash mob related to the interview of Channing Tatum.

and the trailer

wintermoon Wrote:Been watching some of these videos the past couple of days and I must say they leave me quite envious.

I'm probably the only gay man on the planet who can't dance to save his life :biggrin: I can waltz and that's about the extent of my skills.

Nope! I'm in that same boat with you my friend. Which is ironic considering I love performing in musicals at our local art center. But like I've told every choreographer I've worked with I've got three left feet! LOL

archubbycub Wrote:Nope! I'm in that same boat with you my friend. Which is ironic considering I love performing in musicals at our local art center. But like I've told every choreographer I've worked with I've got three left feet! LOL

This is quite common. Having danced in many shows or musicals, I've noticed that the chorus often has difficulty associating other body parts than their vocal cords to the music... lol... Very true, Archy. Confusedmile:

wintermoon Wrote:Been watching some of these videos the past couple of days and I must say they leave me quite envious.

I'm probably the only gay man on the planet who can't dance to save his life :biggrin: I can waltz and that's about the extent of my skills.

Don't diss yourself, Wintermoon, knowing how to dance the waltz is one of dance's most difficult skills. I should know having been trying to teach it to others all these years. Anyway, it's a good place to start. Go with the flow of the music.

princealbertofb Wrote:This is quite common. Having danced in many shows or musicals, I've noticed that the chorus often has difficulty associating other body parts than their vocal cords to the music... lol... Very true, Archy. Confusedmile:

Yeah but this one I'm no just part of the chorus. I'm one of the main characters and have to sing and dance on stage by myself! :eek:

archubbycub Wrote:Yeah but this one I'm no just part of the chorus. I'm one of the main characters and have to sing and dance on stage by myself! :eek:

Well, in that case I hope you've got a good coach... Wink

Yeah he's pretty good! And not bad looking either! LOL

Today we're travelling down south to Calabria and Lazzio (the region around Naples) for a tarantella, which is a typical fast country dance from that area... It was said that the dancers would have to dance until they dropped. The sound's not very good but the tunes are quite typical.