Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Day That Cigarette Ads Were Banned in the US
I quit smoking over 6 years ago now which I am glad. Statistics show that in the 1960's about 40% of Americans smoked, as of 2019 only 14% smoke, so perhaps the ban and all the action taken to get people to stop smoking has had an effect.

"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I now fancy a fag  Wink

Don't we all @artyboy...don't we all Laugh2
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I think it has been 15-20 years for me - I forget the date now. I was hypnotized - it worked.

@eastofeden It took a ride in an ambulance to get me to quit. I had a pretty severe panic attack and thought I was dying or having a heart attack or something and that's how I got a ride in the meat wagon... After that I quit everything.

I am interested in the subject of hypnotism, never really experienced it or anything...I know there's a lot of people who claim it doesn't work and then it does work....Perhaps some people are more hypnotize-able than others?
Check out my stuff!

@InbetweenDreams

That is good that it worked out that way for you - whatever gets any of us to quit.

I wasn't sure about the hypnosis but I was open to it so maybe that is the key. I had no idea - but I wondered afterward if my mind was "on board" before it happened.

For some reason, all of my relationships have been with smokers. I never really pressured any of them to quit, but I did get one to quit for awhile but he claimed stress at work made him fall off the wagon.

(01-05-2021, 07:52 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: I am interested in the subject of hypnotism, never really experienced it or anything...I know there's a lot of people who claim it doesn't work and then it does work....Perhaps some people are more hypnotize-able than others?

I always figured it was a self-induced placebo. I heard one guy say you must be weak minded to be hypnotized, but I think having the willpower to alter your own mind takes more strength than weakness. From time to time I swear I've fallen to highway hypnosis, mainly on the interstate in rural areas at night.

I think most people do experience highway hypnosis, but I don't think it is the same thing as doing hypnotism as therapy. It is weird how a 12 hour drive or even a 16 hour drive though definitely long don't seem as long and perhaps that is the lack of change in the scenery?
Check out my stuff!