Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Eagle Huntress, a film worth seeing
The Eagle Huntress. It's filmed in Mongolia where eagle hunting has been a tradition among the nomadic tribes for over 1000 years. Not hunting eagles, but hunting with eagles, like falconry, on horseback. It's about a family where eagle hunting has been passed from father to son for 12 generations, but now a 13 year old girl wants to follow the family tradition. The tribe elders are opposed - girls aren't brave enough, strong enough, women belong in the home doing housework. But her family supports her and her father trains her. First with his eagle, and then she fulfills one of the requirements of an eagle hunter - to go get her own eagle. There's an annual eagle festival, which draws lots of tourists. The last event is calling and catching the eagle. The eagle is released from a hilltop, the eagle hunter calls it and catches it at a full dive on their arm while riding a horse. The cinematography is spectacular, with lots of beautiful drone shots. The film website has a trailer:

http://sonyclassics.com/theeaglehuntress/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That looks like a movie id be really into. Have you watched it yet?

Emiliano Wrote:That looks like a movie id be really into. Have you watched it yet?

No, not yet Emiliano, I just picked up that link from the Internet. I hope to see it if and when it comes to where I live.

LONDONER Wrote:No, not yet Emiliano, I just picked up that link from the Internet. I hope to see it if and when it comes to where I live.

thanks for introducing me to it. My mom and I usually go out to watch a movie for Thanksgiving, I might be able to convince her to go see this one. It looks like its playing at two theaters in Manhattan.

Emiliano Wrote:thanks for introducing me to it. My mom and I usually go out to watch a movie for Thanksgiving, I might be able to convince her to go see this one. It looks like its playing at two theaters in Manhattan.

Lucky you. I might be able to catch it when I go to London for a week and a bit on the 30th. If you get to see it let us know your opinion.