Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The First Norwich Pride
I don't usually care to resurrect old threads (unless they happen to be the ones in my wardrobe Wink ), but I couldn't believe the recent news about 67 year-old woman in Norwich who complained to the city council about Norwich's brilliant first pride event.

Quote:In the letter, she described gays as "sodomites". She added that homosexuality had "contributed to the downfall of every empire" and was a major cause of sexually transmitted infections.

... It is shameful that this small, but vociferous lobby should be allowed such a display unwarranted by the minimal number of homosexuals."

She claims not to have been homophobic, but merely expressing her "Christian beliefs" ... For a Christian she shows remarkable little knowledge of the Sermon on the Mount ... unbelievable.

This is where things get messy. A council officer replied to her letter warning her that she could be considered guilty of hate crime and passed her letter on to the police. They sent two officers round to her house who decided that no crime had been committed. Rather than thank her lucky stars she wasn't prosecuted and try to be nicer to people she contacted the Daily Telegraph and has got the awful Christian Institute gang to advise her about taking legal action ... ... unbelievable ... still it could have been worse. She might have gone to the Daily Mail, I suppose Rolleyes

Just what is the matter with these people?

more

Why did they need to send a couple of bobbies round? Surely, whether any crime was committed or not depends on the contents of the letter?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Maybe they don't always prosecute people with mental health problems?

marshlander Wrote:Maybe they don't always prosecute people with mental health problems?

Technically, that is a decision not to prosecute rather than a decision that no crime was committed.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Of course, Fred, of course Bow Wink